New Version 12.1.10 is now Available for Download

• May 4, 2020 at 10:01 pm #280392
      Edith
      Participant

Greetings Dear 2020 Users!

2020 Design 12.1.10 is now available for download.

The version can be downloaded here.

Release Highlights

• Export files to AutoCAD format
      • Export files to FAE Collada file format
      • Symbols appear now automatically with their labels
      • Optimize the size of kit files
      • Manage the Cost and Retails factors for Cloud items

Thanks

Edith

• May 7, 2020 at 12:07 pm #280996
      Brent Gardner
      Participant

I am not really impressed with the export .dxf/.dwg function in 12 at all. I need to be able to export these to revit for what I do and now the .dxf export is in a quality where textures cannot be applied and plan drawings cannot even be used from the export. In 11 the export was almost exactly as the wireframe plan looked in plan and I could apply textures in revit to make it look realistic… what happened?
      I use the kitchen I design as part of larger renderings and building plans of entire buildings that ive already drawn in revit and now I cant use what I design in 2020 for anything else.
      Suggestions on how to mitigate this new problem?

• May 24, 2020 at 10:40 pm #283209
        Pauline Ribbans
        Participant

Hi Edith, I can only see V12.06.10 – How do I get the latest version?

• May 7, 2020 at 2:33 pm #281052
      Edith
      Participant

Hi Brent,

At this moment v12 provides the same level of functionalities as v11 however you should know that the team is having discussions to improve the AutoCAD export to also include labels and dimensions but no textures at this point.

Thanks for sharing your feedback, we will taking into consideration for future improvements.

Regards
      Edith

• May 7, 2020 at 4:05 pm #281081
      Brent Gardner
      Participant

Edith,
      In V11 I could export to .dxf or .dwg and it looked in plan on revit or autocad like it did in 2020 design. I could also add texture to the import in revit to match how I had it shown in 2020 … now in v12 as you saw from the image theyre diagonal lines everywhere in exported cabinet plan and on the 3D view in revit when imported and somehow it is blocked from having texture added.
      The export function definitely has changed for the worse in terms of exporting to .dwg or .dxf

• July 9, 2020 at 1:13 pm #288800
      Kirstyn Weld
      Participant

In order to install the update do you have to uninstall the previous version of V12 (V12.0.6.9 I think) or can you just open the new version (with the old version still installed) and it will install itself that way?

• July 9, 2020 at 2:51 pm #288856
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Kirstyn,

It is recommended to first uninstall the previous version to then install the updated version of Design. You can uninstall it from the Control Panel on your computer and then go to 2020.net to download the newest version being 12.1.10.100.

Just remember to also download the HotFix for the newest version so that you do not experience any of the issue that were present.

Also remember that you can contact us for any assistance by calling 1.866.697.2020. πŸ™‚

Regards,

Kris

• July 9, 2020 at 5:31 pm #288933
        Kirstyn Weld
        Participant

Thanks Kris. I did as you said above. I didn’t feel like calling your support again as they had me on hold for quite a while earlier today. I have now downloaded the new version as well as the Hot Fix and am still having issues though. My ceiling and my floor are both turning grey when I render. I thought the Hot Fix was supposed to fix those issues? Either way I’m pretty sure your offices are closed so, I will have to wait until tomorrow to figure this out.

• July 9, 2020 at 5:43 pm #288934
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Kirstyn,

If your ceiling and floor are appearing grey, make sure that you have not set a User Texture as their Defaults. The HotFix resolves the issue of having grey floors and ceilings when creating a High Quality Render. If the above is not the reason your floor and ceiling is grey then i would definitely urge you to give us a call.

Our office hours are 9am to 7pm EST so currently we are still open! If you’d like, you can call us now to have one of our agents give you hand with this issue πŸ™‚

Regards,

Kris

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.