New Version Launch?

• July 1, 2019 at 2:53 pm #242061
    Kayla Herrick
    Participant

When can we expect a new version that will allow us to use Sketchup again. The inability to use this feature has really affected the quality of my renderings.

• July 1, 2019 at 7:43 pm #242062

You can still use Sketchup items – just visit the Sketchup Warehouse, download the 2016 version (if present – many earlier than 2017 have been removed) of the shape and do an import local – I prefer this method as you get to keep the shape forever wheras if you used the weblink, shapes get removed from Warehouse all the time.

If the shape is only available in 2017 or later version, 2020 will not import it but it’s quick and easy to use the free version of Sketchup to load the shape and do ‘save as’ and choose 2016 format.

I do this with many shapes and have a local library organised for quick import. See attached

Attachments:
    You must be to view attached files.
  • July 2, 2019 at 12:57 pm #242091
    Kayla Herrick
    Participant

Thanks Mike! I didn’t think of that.

• July 11, 2019 at 6:48 pm #243295
    Yolanda Taylor
    Participant

When is 64 bit Coming???? This design software is inferior to others until they release it.

• July 11, 2019 at 7:23 pm #243296

Hi Yolanda,
    I think we will see V12 towards the end of the year but to say the software is inferior is a bit unfair. It works perfectly well in 32 bit mode even if it can run a bit short of memory at times. As part of my job, I do regular comparisons against other packages and 2020 does very well against them especially at the price point it is.

Can I suggest you visit the Facebook 2020 Power Users forum and see the fantastic renders produced even by the existing version. I include a few pictures here as examples. The forum is a great independant source of help, advice and extras.

Attachments:
    You must be to view attached files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.