Organizing CAP Catalogs

• March 3, 2017 at 4:04 pm #121414
      Kristle
      Participant

I was wondering if there was an easy way to reorganize all the catalogs in my CAP catalog? I know how to reorganize single catalogs (I do this for the catalogs I use the majority of) but it seems like after the updates, there’s catalogs that aren’t in order. I would have a part of the catalogs ordered from A to Z, but then it restarts in another group of A to Z.

I would like for it to grab all the catalogs and order those alphabetically.

Not sure if anyone else has this problem, but I would really appreciate any help on this.

Thank you!

• March 6, 2017 at 8:30 am #121429
      Luribel
      2020 Expert

Hello,
      You can reorganize this back to alphabetical order by rebuilding that menu file and  here are the steps to do that:

First, close out of all your 20-20 programs.  Then go into your Start menu, All programs, 20-20 Technologies, and open Catalog Diagnostics (or type in Catalog Diagnostics in the search field) .  Here click on the button that says Rebuild CAPContent.xml and then Yes on the next pop-up
      **Note that if you have any alternate versions of any of the catalogs added, doing this will erase those from the list and you will have to reinstall your alternate manufacturers.

• March 7, 2017 at 9:12 pm #121559
      Kristle
      Participant

Thank you so much!

• April 13, 2020 at 3:06 pm #277472
      Ron Russell
      Participant

Another way to organize the catalogs, open up 2020/file/preferences/Catalogs/3 check box options to organize.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags