Perspectives Drawing a beam

• April 14, 2016 at 9:40 am #85224
      Roxanne
      Participant

Does anyone know a way to show a beam on a cathedral ceiling? I need the beam to

rise in height with the ceiling.

• April 19, 2016 at 1:07 pm #85657
      Vanessa DeKoekkoek
      Participant

Hi Roxanne,

I have used a wall obstacle (OBST.WW) from the Room -Sample- Generic catalog to show beams on a flat ceiling but I don’t think you can show it elevate properly on a cathedral ceiling since it only has one height (up-down) setting in the attribute window.  Thanks!

• January 16, 2018 at 7:35 pm #166285
      Travis Jeror
      Participant

I have only found one way to do this…and it’s really messy and time consuming but if you’re really trying to impress and you need this element the closest I can recommend is the following (ps this is going to be the very very last thing you will do in y oou ur drawing)

Draw a wall, well 2 of them that match the ceiling pitches. I.e. one end at 96 and the middle part 120 and the same on the other side of the full length.

Then you are going to go into your wall properties and change the texture of the wall to none, this will make the wall clear.

Then on an elevation of the wall go to items and choose surface. Now draw the beam if you were looking at it from straight on following the angle of the ceiling. Then once it is done choose the texture you want….probably a wood.

You can then go to the floor plan view and duplicate the surface and put it on the other side as well as the rest of the “walls” you will create so that they are all the same.

This is the only way I have figured out how to do this. Any other suggestions are always welcome

• January 17, 2018 at 6:10 pm #166341

The free UNDRGRND catalog has a beam which can be adjusted every way you need. UNDRGRND is available for download from http://www.2020catalog.com/undrgrnd_catalog.html

It also has an arch for Cathedral ceilings.

See picture

Attachments:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.