Preferences-Catalogs… Removing catalogs from a “Group” ?

• January 7, 2022 at 1:14 pm #354674
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Hi Everyone!~Stupid question here:

If I go into Preferences and choose “Catalogs” – then put a bunch of catalogues in a “Group”, can I later change my mind and dissolve the Group and just have them as loose catalogues again?  The only option I see is “Delete Group” – which to me implies that I’m deleting a folder WITH all of it’s contents (ie: all the catalogues in it)

I don’t want to delete them, just take them out of the Group.

thanks! Ariana

• January 7, 2022 at 1:33 pm #354681
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Ariana,

You don’t have to worry about it at all! Deleting the group will just delete the group itself but keep the catalogs in the program. Catalogs can only be deleted fully by using the Catalog Manager.

However, you can remove catalogs from the groups you’ve made! Simply open the group you.ve made, select the catalog you want to remove from said group and then use the green arrows to push the catalog out of the group! – See image.

Regards,

Kris

• January 7, 2022 at 1:46 pm #354693
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Thank so much Kris!

We generally have 5 versions/papers of each catalogue, from each supplier, and we prefer the newest to be at the top of the list – and of course when you first load a catalogue, it goes to the BOTTOM! LOL!

Which means I highlight one, and click, click, click, click aaaaaaalllll the way to the top, then go back down and click, click then second copy all the way to the top – ugh!

Usually it happens once a year when new catalogues come out, so I’ve never worried about “finding a better way”, but all of our cabinet suppliers have issued multiple revised 2020 catalogues over the course of COVID, and doing it over and over – and for two stations – I need a better way!

Theoretically, I can group them all, clickety-click the group to the top, them delete the group and all the catalogues will now be at the top of the list? In theory?  I never explored the Group thing before because of the “delete” thing.

Thanks again! Ariana

• January 7, 2022 at 1:52 pm #354694
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Ariana,

You are correct! If you group your catalogs and then bring that group to the top of the catalog list, you can then delete the group to have all those catalogs at the top of the list 🙂 I just tested it out on my end and it worked exactly like that!

Regards,

Kris

• January 7, 2022 at 2:08 pm #354700
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Perfect! Thanks Kris!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.