Printer issue with 11.4

• August 15, 2016 at 10:26 am #98140
      maria c venegas
      Pilot Pro

hello. I have one of my scustomers using 11.4 and they have a Samsung x4300 series PS printer. Every time they want to print elevations, after they print the first one (using select views), and they go back to select the second one, the program crashes. is there any advise from you guys??? thank you. Her computer has i7, lost of RAM and a dedicated graphics card as well, running windows 10.

carolina

• August 15, 2016 at 2:22 pm #98223
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Maria,

If the client’s computer has a touch screen try disabling it.  There is an issue with repetitive actions and the touch screen.  Another thing you can look for in Windows X is to make sure the computer is not running in Tablet Mode.  It is a setting in Windows that forces the computer act like it is a tablet.

Hope that helps

Neil

• August 16, 2016 at 3:40 pm #98264
      maria c venegas
      Pilot Pro

sorry she is running windows 8 and it is a sony vaio if that helps

• August 16, 2016 at 9:04 pm #98292

Which Vaio model is it? Some have touchscreens and some do not.

Is it Windows 8 or 8.1 – if 8 she is better off upgrading to 8.1

Without adequate information (the above) I’d try a 2020 Registry Reset – she will have to put the preferences back in but it’s often a quick fix for such issues.

• August 16, 2016 at 9:41 pm #98293
      maria c venegas
      Pilot Pro

we did the registry reset, it did not work.  she has touchscreen and is windows 8.1, Vaio model WINQJ50BDKPM1H. thank you

• August 17, 2016 at 7:09 pm #98381

Try disabling the touchscreen as suggested:

http://lifehacker.com/disable-your-laptop-s-touch-screen-in-windows-8-1-1588333600

Also make sure your graphics and printer drivers are up to date and that the graphcs drivers are the ones supported by Redway.

Failing this, I would do a Basic Uninstall and then Reinstall.

After this, all you can do is go back to a ‘Vanilla’ Windows 8.1 (it could be the specific Vaio drivers causing the issue) but that means wiping the computer and starting again. If you have to do this, get the Windows 8.1 here:
      https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media

I get issues with a lot of my users’ Dell notebooks unless I do a vanilla install of the OS. Most notebooks come with a lot of bloatware and customisation that just slows the machine down and ends up causing issues.

• August 30, 2016 at 11:37 am #99190
      maria c venegas
      Pilot Pro

hello, i received this from my dealer
      Please forward this information for reference by your acquaintance that uses 2020. I believe it is likely she will be able to replicate the same issue. If so, then 2020 Technologies should consider it a repeatable issue and hopefully have a workaround and eventually a fix.In general, the issue involves use of the “Range” portion of the Print or Print Preview window. In a variety of cases involving click the Range option radio buttons, 2020 Design will crash.The crash message recorded in the Windows Application Event Log designates the associated module fault in “mfc100.dll”. We attempted to uninstall and reinstall the Visual C++ Redistribution kit that contains mfc100.dll, but that did not fix or change the failure scenario.There are a number of ways to replicate the issue when using the Print Preview dialog window. Note that it is not necessary to actually Print during these operations. Whether the user clicks “Cancel” or “OK” on the Print Preview (or Print) dialog window, the application will crash once the fault scenario is triggered.This is a typical scenario to induce the error:Open a Design project. (In our user’s case, these were often designs created with mixed catalogs, but it is not believed this is part of the problem.Select the “File” menu, then “Print”, and “Print Preview”. (The failure will happen also if the user chooses “Print” instead of “Print Preview”.)Click “All accessed views” radio button from the Range options. (Unless this option was already selected, if so, select a different option.)Click “Cancel”.Perform step #2 again.Change the Range option selected, by clicking an option that is not currently selected. Roman’;Click “Cancel”.At this point, the application may crash. In some cases, it takes one or two more repeats of steps 2, 3, and 4. Most often, if the “Selection” radio button option is selected as Range, then the next following change/Cancel sequence will definitely crash, even if the user attempts to select a different elevation(s) from the Selection list. But the application will also crash if only changing back and forth between “All access views” and “Current view” options, although it tends to take 3 attempts, rather than just The failure does not appear to be related to a printer or print driver. It seems most likely to be an issue with the Print and Print Preview dialog window codeOur system under test is Windows 8.1, 2020 V 11.4.

Also I am running with the same issue and I have windows 10 and running 11.4 as well

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.