Printing Dashed Lines

• October 1, 2018 at 2:51 pm #206191
      Dan Collins
      Participant

I’m having trouble printing dashed lines.  I like showing the cabinets on floor plan as a dashed line, so I changed my settings to transparent background with a dashed line border.  It looks perfect on the screen, but when I print, it comes out with a solid background and solid border.  Doesn’t matter if it’s printing to the physical printer or a pdf.  Same thing.  But I don’t have this problem with any other software.  Can anyone help?  Thanks!

• October 1, 2018 at 4:46 pm #206212
      Mike Cook
      Participant

I don’t know the procedure you used for the floor pan but you will need to do the same for the print tab.

• October 1, 2018 at 8:34 pm #206242

Works fine for me – I always choose Print/Selection/All (or whatever Tabs I want). See attached.

I think you may be modifying the display settings on one tab and printing a different one.

Attachments:
    • October 2, 2018 at 11:19 am #206360
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Dan,

If it shows correctly in the print preview the issue is with output source.  Be it the PDF creator you are using or the driver for your printer.  They make the final decisions on how they interpret the data they receive from the software.

I was able to recreate the issue when I printed to the Microsoft PDF creator but I downloaded and installed Cutepdf and it worked fine and it printed properly to my physical printer as well.

Neil

• October 2, 2018 at 12:43 pm #206435
      Dan Collins
      Participant

<span style=”color: #212121; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 13px;”>The print preview is fine but the output is not.  So you’re correct on that.  But I don’t have this issue with any other software and happens with all of our printers.  Microsoft print to pdf, HP 8610, and a few others.  This is a brand new computer.  Not sure why it would do this, but I also had the same issue with 2020 on my other laptop.  So I assumed it was a 2020 problem.</span>

• October 2, 2018 at 2:41 pm #206522
      Dan Collins
      Participant

I’ve tried updating all of my printer drivers.  Everything is up to date.  Can’t find anything online on how to fix.  And as I said, I don’t have this issue with other software.  I need someone at 2020 support to figure this out.

• October 2, 2018 at 2:52 pm #206587
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Dan,

First thing to try is to download and install CutePDF.  If the issue continues to happen in Cute please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-866-697-2020 and have one of our techs take a first-hand look.

It might also be one of the installed printer drivers causing the issue. You can remove all the printers, reboot, and see if you can print it out to CutePDF the way you want it to.

Neil

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags