Quick Question

• November 19, 2017 at 6:17 pm #161084
      Frank Snyder
      Participant

I have seen on these forums, from a quick search that a few people are running Giza 2020 with the Surface Pro 4, and it seems to run quite nicely.

So, I am wondering if, an Intel Extreme NUC (Model NUC6i7KYK) would do fairly decent?

It’s an i7-6770HQ Processor

16GB of DDR4 RAM

Intel iris Pro 580 graphics, which are comparable to some older GTX cards.

On specs, it seems like it would be okay…just wondering if anyone who has  ALOT of Giza 2020 installation / system building experience has any thoughts.

Why we need something so small is space issue, the conference table has about 6 inches deep, 10 inches wide, and 14 inches tall cubby where the computer must go.

This isn’t going to be a “rendering” station. It’s going to be used as a “Design” station. We have a room with tiles / textures / materials on the wall and our catalogs, and the designer is going to sit with the customer and do mock ups in Giza.

Thank you for any assistance.

• November 20, 2017 at 6:08 pm #161342

I don’t know about Giza (this is a 2020 Design forum) but that spec is perfectly good to run 2020 Design. The lack of a dedicated graphics card doesn’t seem to make that much of a difference if Giza uses the same Redway rendering engine as Design anyway.

The i7-6770HQ runs at up to 3.5GHz and you have plenty of RAM (more than necessary). I’d make sure you have an SSD instead of HD and you will have an awesome little system!

• November 20, 2017 at 6:11 pm #161343
      Frank Snyder
      Participant

Yeah, it has a Samsung 950 Pro M.2 Pci-e 500GB drive in there. So we looking at 12Gbps 🙂

• November 20, 2017 at 6:19 pm #161344

Perfect spec – that will be a very nice little platform!

• December 27, 2017 at 11:25 am #164917
      Lee Hurley
      Participant

Is there a way to change the floor and ceiling to keep it going farther out past the walls?

• December 28, 2017 at 12:45 am #164929

Well the easy way is to create a bigger square wall area round the outside of your original design. If you don’t want to see the walls turn them into construction lines.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.