Render anti-aliasing

• September 12, 2016 at 1:48 am #100570

Hi, I have V11.5.2 set to Shape Display Quality = Best in preferences and using Texture/Quality Selection=High on my render screen but the edges are showing up quite jagged.

Is the anti-aliasing a n aspect of the graphics card or the Redway Render engine and is there any other way of smoothing these jaggies out?

Also, when I try and save as a High Res Image, the whole thing shows up in a pink tone!

• September 14, 2016 at 1:59 pm #100934
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hey Mike,

The anti-aliasing is sort an aspect of the graphics card interacting with Redway so I’m going to go with both of them and add in the graphics card driver as a third culprit in the mix.

The pink image when you save in Hi-Res was an issue with the Intel chipsets but I’m assuming you don’t have one of those.  I’ve tried and tried but I can’t recreate the issue here.  My rendering performance is set to best shapes in preferences and the rendering is done in High.  I’ve tried both texture and texture with edges and my images come out fine in the saved file.  I have an Nvidia Geforce GTX 645 with 4g of RAM on it. It is running on the older 344 driver from Nvidia and I’m using the Windows Photo Viewer to view the saved jpg files.

Neil

• September 15, 2016 at 3:37 am #100980

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the reply. My Laptop is a Win8.1 Tosh with Intel HD4600 and Radeon R9M200X 2GB  GPU. As always I set the Radeon as my default for Design and I have set up a specific profile for it in the Radeon settings. I can check that Design is actually running via the Radeon.

The standard render is jaggy as hell. If I switch to photo mode, the render is acceptable but I have seen 2020 produce good renders even in Texture/High.

I rebuilt a different Dell notebook from scratch upwards. The Dell uses an Nvidia processor and the results are the same.

Sample attached.

Attachments:
    • September 15, 2016 at 3:38 am #100989

Sorry – I should have mentioned that the jaggedness is the same but the Dell does not give me ‘pink eye’ even though the Dell has an onchip Intel HD display adapter as well.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.