Rendering Window Size / Aspect Ratio

• June 28, 2018 at 4:49 pm #192921
      HJames Relyea
      Participant

Is there a way to set the rendering window to open at the same size for each rendering/design?

Specifically, to keep a consistent aspect ratio when rendering multiple views or kitchens?

I’m finding that each time a rendering is done I have to manually resize the window to the desired size. Which I then place into a template for presentation. However, due to the inexactness of resizing the window, multiple views/renders are sized differently within the template.

• June 28, 2018 at 5:18 pm #192923
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Hjames,

The rendering window should come up the same size every time and it should remember the size it was set to the last time you used it so if you set it a specific size the window itself should not change from render to render.

Neil

• June 29, 2018 at 9:17 am #192928
      HJames Relyea
      Participant

Hi Neil,

It seems to be hit or miss. If I open a new design the rendering window opens quite small, maybe 5in x 5in and I have to resize it to a more realistic size. Once the initial resizing is done, all subsequent renderings done in that design stay in the large format. However, if I open a different design, the window resets to the small 5×5 and I have to adjust it again. Is there a setting that allows me to dictate the initial size of the window so it is consistent throughout all designs? Thanks!

• June 29, 2018 at 10:22 am #192985
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Hjames,

There is no preference setting for the size of the rendering window.  The default window size is stored somewhere in the Windows registry .  If you have a floorplan and a render open, once you get the rendering window sized the way you want it, go to the file menu on the rendering and select exit to close it.  Then go to the file menu for the floorplan and select exit to close the software.  This should update the setting in the registry and when you reopen the software you should should have the same size window as you had when you closed out.  If you don’t something is preventing the software from updating the registries.

Neil

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.