Rendering

• October 19, 2016 at 12:40 pm #107376
      Teresa Montoya
      Participant

We downloaded the most recent 2020 version and just got new computer systems. Our video card is an AMD Radeon 470 RX which I was told is above requirements, but whenever we enter perspective view (or any other view), we try to rotate the image and it just disappears and stops working. What is the issue or how can we fix this?

• October 19, 2016 at 1:56 pm #107386
      Teresa Montoya
      Participant

To add more information, it was rendering last week and as of Monday has not been. This is a new download for a new hire at our company who has never used 2020 before. It sometimes will pop up with an error message “rendering module unstable”.

• October 19, 2016 at 5:09 pm #107543
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Teresa,
      The rendering module error message points to the device driver for your video card. Go to the AMD website and download and install the latest driver available for your Radeon 470 RX card.
      Neil

• October 19, 2016 at 5:13 pm #107544
      Teresa Montoya
      Participant

Thanks Neil, we will give that a try and let you know. And I just want to verify the video card we have is up to standard as well. One of our reps was in today and said he has never heard of it and didn’t think it was correct.

• October 19, 2016 at 9:02 pm #107545

Hi Teresa,

Also please be aware that if you are running Windows 10, it has a habit of downloading and updating drivers and core modules in the background. I have had several occasions where a Windows 10 app has stopped working or changed it’s behaviour (2020 Design, Chrome and a custom package we use) for no apparent reason that then turned out to be a Windows update that had come down overnight.

Once a system is working well, I tend to switch off any updates.

Cheers

Mike

• October 21, 2016 at 11:30 am #107701
      Teresa Montoya
      Participant

So a few updates on our situation…
      We had our computer guy come in and he updated the driver to our AMD video card and that did no good. We also noticed that Windows 10 did do an update the day before the issues started, so he did a reset to before the update and that still didn’t help. The designer who is having the issue just finished a new design and went to render it just to see if it would work and it did! But the original design he tried it with is still not working. So some are rendering and some are not. Any more advise is very appreciated! 🙂

• October 24, 2016 at 3:14 pm #107804
      Larry
      Participant

Just to clarify, is it just the one design that is having issues or is there more design’s with the same problem? I ask becuase I’ve seen a similar issue and it happened to be the design itself. It must’ve had some corruption or perhaps one of the items from the vendor’s catalog had an issue.

To also note, your video card is above and beyond the specs to run the latest 2020 Design application. Although honestly, I’ve found our computers that run the AMD gpu’s have much more crashing issues then those with NVidia..

• October 24, 2016 at 3:52 pm #107805
      Teresa Montoya
      Participant

Yes it is just the one file having the issue, and still no fixes on it. But everything else is working fine.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags