Resizable Undermount Bathroom Sink

• January 16, 2019 at 1:45 am #223960

Hi,

Does anyone know of an undermount resizable bathroom (vanity) sink – preferably rectangular with curved corners?

If yes, which catalogue/cloud catalogue please.

Thanks in advance.

• January 16, 2019 at 11:47 am #224082
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Like This?

• January 16, 2019 at 5:48 pm #224175

Hi Ariana, thanks for the reply. That looks ideal – where is that one from please?

• January 17, 2019 at 12:45 pm #224337
      Travis Davies
      Participant

Mike did you get a response? I’ve been looking for the same thing. We use a “wave” style quite often and there isn’t any plumbing uptions for undermount sinks unless they take up the whole cabinet or cut off the faucet. Need a basic 18″ semi-rectangle undermount sink as an option for sure

• January 17, 2019 at 1:03 pm #224349
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Hi Mike,

I actually mod the dims of the Baking Sheet/Cookie Sheet from the Cloud. I find the curve of the corners looks “right”.

Only downside is you have to manually shape the countertop around it.

When I do, there ends up being a small countertop seam where the faucet would go – then I add on the faucet from the Catalog Browser Plumbing catalog (Faucet Manual Placement) so the little seam isn’t visible.

Ariana

• January 17, 2019 at 9:01 pm #224371

Hi Ariana, Good suggestion – might give it a go in future.

Hi Travis, I’m providing some DXF shapes to a friend in another country so that he can build them in.

• January 17, 2019 at 11:26 pm #224372
      Travis Davies
      Participant

Thats awesome Mike!

• February 9, 2019 at 2:53 pm #226425
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Found this in the Plumbing catalogue – but you only see it when you go into the Plumbing Catalogue.

I always like to choose my plumbing using the Catalogue Browser, as you get little thumbnails.

And….am I crazy, or are there MORE things to choose from when you go in that way than when you just click the plumbing icon?

Ariana

Attachments:
    • February 9, 2019 at 3:24 pm #226435
      Travis Davies
      Participant

lets pray the ongoing wish list for things like this get some attention for V12. Basic things like actual sinks people use should have been included years ago.

• February 9, 2019 at 5:30 pm #226436
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

I find that the faucets are problematic.

There are about three kitchen faucets I use – and one lav faucet (the one in the image) over and over again because all the others are very dated.

I suppose many users are downloading faucets from SketchUp – by I try and download as little as possible.  I have one computer for my work – and it runs 2020, our POS software, the internet for email and online research, our in-house projects management software, our in-house product database, excel, etc…. It doesn’t take much to make my 2020design too big a file to be useable – SketchUp files can be… well…sketchy.

• February 10, 2019 at 7:50 pm #226457

Hi Ariana, Nice find but unfortunately, can’t resize it.

• March 5, 2019 at 6:15 pm #228650
      Alan ryner
      Participant

Hi Mike Just saw this There is in Cat Solid M a farm sink you can resize and if you put it under the bench you can hide the tap area . I sometimes us this . It does not have round corners though.

• March 10, 2019 at 8:57 pm #229191

Hi Alan,

Just got back from the UK and saw this. Thanks for this and I am also having a shape created in Sketchup.

• June 22, 2019 at 6:57 pm #241496
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Okay – a MILLION years after the fact – but for anyone who finds this thread because they searched the topic, I just came across this during a design and remembered this thread:

ROOM-Plumbing catalogue

Sink and Lav Add-Ons/Lav/Vessels/

I chose the VESSEL.RECT.BCK48.

This is an attachment – so it won’t let you drop it just anywhere – it has to be dropped onto a cabinet.  To adjust the size, you need to go into Attributes under the VARIABLES tab.

Use “Attachment Width”, “Attachment Height”, and “Attachment Depth” to alter the dims – changing the normal dims will do nothing.  You can grab it in Elevation and lower it to be an undermount, or use “Attachment Origin Y” to adjust the Up/Down.

You may have to manually mod the ctop around it – but you have to do that with half the sinks in the Cloud anyway.

😉

Ariana

• June 23, 2019 at 7:09 pm #241500

Hi Ariana,

Thanks for that – will try it!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.