Return Wall not Rendering

• February 6, 2018 at 5:44 pm #168921
      Rachel Borengasser
      Participant

Can anyone figure out why the small return walls left of this cabinet bank are not showing up in the Front View render?

Thanks in advance!

Rachel

2020 Design / Residential / v 11

• February 6, 2018 at 6:09 pm #168940

The only thing I can see wrong is that the return walls are not ‘connected’ and this might be why the render engine is not seeing them (a bug in the erender engine maybe).

Connected walls show little ‘angles’ on where they meet. When I draw walls like yours they look like the picture below.

Try redrawing the wall so it leaves out the section at the rear and JUST has the return walls.

When I do that, the render seems to work fine.

• February 6, 2018 at 6:14 pm #168968
      Rachel Borengasser
      Participant

Hey thanks for the quick response!

The wall in question is showing up in perspective, just on in the “Front View” 3D elevation shot. I’ll give your method a try and let you know how it goes.

• February 6, 2018 at 6:28 pm #168969
      Rachel Borengasser
      Participant

* Typo in my last response * “wall in question is showing up in perspective, just NOT on the “Front View” 3D elevation shot.”

I tried redrawing the wall per the attached. The new elevation is improved, but not CORRECT, in my opinion. I would really like to see that wall represented there. Is it, perhaps, an issue of placement zones? Can they be adjusted to pull in more items?

Thanks, Rachel

• February 6, 2018 at 6:44 pm #168988
      Rachel Borengasser
      Participant

Hot dog I figured it out. Once I redrew the walls I needed to reverse the placement zones of the short wall segments from “Inside” to “Outside” in the wall properties panel. Fix + Correct elevation attached. Thanks Mike!

• February 6, 2018 at 6:54 pm #169011

In that case the display you are getting is correct as you are rendering an elevation and not a perspective view so the render is only applying to the ACTIVE placement zone which will not include the return wall.

If you want to see a render that includes items not present in that placement zone, you will have to do a perspective render OR remove the return walls and fake them using thickened panels or other 3D object (this method will widen the placement zone as well so should work fine).

You can try switching off the placement zone for the return wall but I tried this and also I put a construction line at the back of the wall that included the return walls and tried a front render of that but neither worked.

• February 6, 2018 at 7:05 pm #169018

I was going to post an example of using faked walls but you already came up with a better suggestion!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.