Ribbon Selection Not Sticking

• November 28, 2016 at 2:45 pm #112843
      Jason E.
      Participant

I have the “Drag and Drop” box selected for my ribbon, selected from the view tab.  However whenever I do a new design or change to the item list it de-selects this option.  How to I select it, on the view tab or elsewhere, where it will stay put?

• November 28, 2016 at 5:12 pm #112868
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Jason,

It should stay in your quick bar when you open a new design.  You can try resetting the registries and then putting it back in the quick bar to see if it stays.

It is normal for it to disappear in the item list because the quick bar for the item list is separate from the design quick bar.  If you set it in the item list as well it should also stay.

I’m curious as to why you want that item on the quick bar.  All it does is toggle the drag and drop box on and off.  Is it so you can have more work space in the work area?

Neil

• November 29, 2016 at 11:34 am #113024
      Jason E.
      Participant

Thank you for the input.  I searched the forum for resetting 2020 to factory specs and that fixed it.  And a few other problems to boot.

However now it has a default catalog; and when I move to the items page, even if I’m selecting items from a different catalog, it reverts back to the default catalog after each item I add.  It just adds another step which is annoying.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.