Room Scanning Application

• July 31, 2015 at 9:03 pm #40040

I am posting this here FOR THE ATTENTION OF 2020 MANAGEMENT because I am running out of patience.

I have been trying for the best part of 6 months to get somebody/anybody at 2020 Tech to talk to me about a room scanning application that I am co-working on. What we need is a reliable data exchange where we can import a scanned room into 2020 Design with Walls, Windows, Doors, switches, pipes etc all mapping in correctly as catalogue items.

We currently have it about 75% working using an XML import.

This is something that many 2020 Design users could use and unlike the other offerings it is both extremely accurate AND semi-automatic. The process is based on a Leica Scanstation which maps an area with millions of data points.

All we want is a dialogue – we are happy to pay for a routine to be built or to pay for modifications to existing routines such as the Vertex XML import. What we want is only a little bit more complex than the Magicplan or Envisioneer imports.

Why is it so hard to talk to 2020 Tech on such things? Do you not understand the way the Kitchen and Bathroom AND computer software industry works?

• August 3, 2015 at 10:02 am #40045
      Pasquale Brancati
      Participant

Good morning Mike,

Rest assured someone from 2020 will be in contact with you today.

Thank you

• August 3, 2015 at 10:08 am #40048
      paola
      2020 Expert

Hi Mike,

This initiative should be discussed and managed through the Partner Program process.

Please send your e-mail address to partnerinfo@2020spaces.com and i will contact you directly (this week) to discuss.

Kind regards

Paola Colitto

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.