Rotating

• December 22, 2021 at 4:21 pm #353854
      Erik Tornquist
      Participant

Hello everyone. Hope you all are doing well this Holiday season.

Regarding rotating an item. Not rotating around as we know of it today but adjusting such as vertical to horizontal, etc…

Will this ever be available  in future updates or versions?  At the moment, I could certainly use that ability. To be honest, I could use it with most designs I do. Not every shelf, panel, door, etc…. can be modified in attributes.

Anyway, would love to hear from the 2020 team if that has been or is a possible consideration for the future.

Thanks again folks!

• December 23, 2021 at 6:12 am #353860
      Santiago Morales
      2020 Expert

Hello Erik,

Thank you for this feedback.  The capability to rotate items in the elevation view is already part of our backlog we are considering.  It has not yet got high enough priority scoring to make it on our roadmap unfortunately.  Its implementation would have its challenge as well due to the complexity for the bounding box and collisions calculations.

We will review it scoring and see if there is way we could achieve an implementation with Cloud items.

Thank you,

Santiago

• December 23, 2021 at 12:16 pm #353876
        Erik Tornquist
        Participant

Thanks for the info, Santiago. Really appreciate it.

Speaking of Cl0ud, has there been any issue among others who’ve noticed program crashes after placing a Cloud item? Seems to be happening a bit for me, specifically after updating to the latest (non-live) version.

Thanks again.

• December 23, 2021 at 3:21 pm #353923
      Santiago Morales
      2020 Expert

Hello Erik,

Some issues related to Cloud have been reported by some customers.  We are looking into the various issue and analyzing ways to improve the Cloud Solution.

Stay tuned : )

Santiago

• January 26, 2024 at 11:10 am #436340
      Matt Deveau
      Participant

Hello,

I’m brand new to the program and I’m having this same issue of not being able to rotate – I want to use a 3/4″ panel horizontally. Is there a solution to this?

Thanks

• January 26, 2024 at 11:55 am #436346
        Erik Tornquist
        Participant

Lord know we ALL wish that was a thing but no, not really.

Only thing you can do is adjust the measurements to reflect what you want and unfortunately, many times that’s not possible.

I’ve in the past either created a countertop, finished it the color of the cabinets and lifted it to the height i needed. Other times used a shelf and adjusted it’s dimensions, even if it’s from a different catalog.

I don’t know WHY they can’t give us the ability to rotate that way, I’m guessing it’s a limit in the code.

• January 26, 2024 at 2:09 pm #436354
      Matt Deveau
      Participant

Bummer! Even if they just incorporate a horizontal panel in the catalog to begin with without having to create a code to rotate…but what do I know.

I appreciate your input, Erik. Thanks!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags