Saving Custom Textures?

• October 23, 2015 at 9:18 am #55718
      Chris Setlock
      Participant

Hi gang,

I remember reading that v11 allows custom textures to be saved for use in future designs.  Is that true, or did I read it in somebody’s wishlist and mistake it for a new feature…

In any case, if it’s true, how do you do it?  I made some custom textures yesterday, and I can find them in the “user defined” folder of the design I created them in, but I cannot find them anywhere else.

• October 23, 2015 at 12:08 pm #55778
      Chris Setlock
      Participant

Ok.  More info.  I discovered that if I have two designs open, each with some custom textures, the textures from one design will overlap the textures in the other, in the “user defined” folder.  It doesn’t seem to cause any rendering errors, but it is kinda strange to open up the textures dialog, and see the image of the concrete block wall I put in design one, in the thumbnail box of the porcelain tile floor I put in design two…

• October 26, 2015 at 8:33 am #55848
      Participant

Chris,

In v11 the Custom Material Wizard was enhanced to provide the user more control and more flexibility this was phase 1.
      In Phase 2 V11.4 scheduled for end of January we will allow the users to create his own library and we will enhance the user experience.

Hope this answer your question.
      Roberto

• April 8, 2016 at 1:10 pm #84436
      Lin Hamilton
      Pilot Pro

Roberto,

Before 11.4, I could create my own custom textures that frankly look better than what 11.4 is creating for me.  For example, I would find a jpeg of a slab of the granite (not just a small sample piece) the customer had selected and would set the dimensions appropriately in the custom interview box.  That eliminated a tile-look or seamed look for the granite top.

Now, even if I selected a full slab for the graphic, 11.4 translates the size differently and I wind up with a tiled granite look.. Is there any way to correct this?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.