Saving designs taking a long time.

• May 3, 2018 at 2:41 pm #185078
      DonnaTHC
      Participant

I am working in version 11.8 and am finding it taking a long time to save designs.  I was just given a new computer in the beginning of March so that’s a fresh install and a powerful computer.  I remember there were maintenance tasks that could be done in versions in the past (like 7) when it had the other interface.  There was something in the ribbon that you could click on that brought you to the tasks but I have not been able to find them in this version.  Would be interested in any information anyone could provide to  help me with this.

Thanks!

• May 3, 2018 at 5:04 pm #185117
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Donna,

the clean up tool you are looking for is call maintenance tools.  The icon is an orange circle with a wrench and a screwdriver in it.  In there you can delete temporary files, Repair Com and reset the 2020 design registries.

Files saving slowly can be related to the size of the file, the contents of the file and whether or not you are saving to your computer or into the cloud(like onedrive) or to a network share.  If you save to a shared drive the first thing to try is saving the file to your local disk and see if the performance gets better.  If not give our support line a call and we will connect with team viewer and take a look at the issue first-hand.

Neil

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.