Saving drawing settings file in "display settings"

• March 13, 2018 at 5:59 pm #176252
      ben weiss
      Participant

Wondering if anyone can assist in helping me find the location of my drawing settings that is saved under the display settings window on the bottom left.  This file contains all drawing settings for colors, layers, dimensions, fonts ect that I use to standardize the way all the drawings look when printed… I can see my file saved there but cant find it on the hard drive.  I would like to keep a copy of it on a flash drive for easy retrieval.   Thanks so much in advance.

• March 13, 2018 at 7:07 pm #176253

It’s in a folder called ProgramData/20-20 Technologies/Config – you will have to make the folder visible as it is normally hidden.

You can always use a script I created to do the same thing including save the registry settings – download it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s2co2c4k53nlwwb/V112020SettingsSaver.cmd?dl=0

Save it to your desktop and then double click it and follow the instructions – it creates a folder on the desktop called 2020RESCUE with all the relevant files in. You use the same utility to restore in the event of an issue.

It works well and I have had no issues with it but you use at your own risk.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.