Separating doors, door handles, drawers, drawer pulls from cabinet body?

• December 5, 2014 at 1:55 pm #20293
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Good day 2020 Design users,

I’m currently evaluating the software with the 30 day trial (meaning I have no access to official support channel it seems) and have been having a bit of fun with it so far.

Right now I’m trying to find if the feature I’m looking to use 2020 for is present or if my goal is possible to achieve. I went through a few videos of the 101 series with M. Morgan and skimmed the documentation a bit but my findings indicates me that I might be out of luck.

The end result I’m looking for is a 2020 Design exported DWG drawing with doors, drawers, slides, hardware, pulls and handles in seperate AutoCAD blocks or on separate AutoCAD layers, separated from the rest of the cabinet’s body..?

Right now I get each cabinet in a aptly named block but with all parts of it (panels, doors, handles) as exploded polymesh faces that are on the same layer (3D-BASE CABINET).

Would it be possible to add an “empty placeholder” or “crosshair” handle in a custom library/catalog so that I could replace the existing handle’s with that in 2020 and then just position my custom handles in AutoCAD on the crosshair?

Thank you all in advance for your help,

Denis

• December 10, 2014 at 9:36 am #20412
      Pasquale Brancati
      Participant

Hello Denis,

When exporting a design file from 2020 Design into AutoCAD, what appears in AutoCAD is an image of the 2020 Design floor plan. Once in AutoCAD you can edit the content of the surrounding floor plan image based on the edit options from within AutoCAD.

Thank you
      Pat

• October 30, 2016 at 10:29 pm #108308
      terry campbell
      Participant

Does it works the same when you have a glass door model. I am preferring to render a glass door that is similar to this http://caldwells.com/interior-doors/glass-doors.

• November 1, 2016 at 12:04 am #108387

Hi Denis, Welcome to the forum.

Can we go a bit more basic on the questions – WHY do you want the drawing in Autocad format? If you ABSOLUTELY have to transfer the drawing to Autocad then there are Autocad based solutions that may be more applicable.

If you are looking for more customisation then you there are very many options available within 2020 Design itself but you can either pay to have additional shapes added or bring in Sketchup Shapes. Handles however can be an issue if trying to bring them in as imported options.

The 2020 render is quicker than the Autocad versions I have tried and usually good enough for most clients.

• July 17, 2018 at 7:59 am #194910
      door hardwareuk
      Participant

If it’s not working well then you can use Door hardware for purchasing Black Iron Door Handles for decorative doors and making a home complete secure.https://www.doorhardware.co.uk/products/door-handles-on-rose.aspx

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.