Set Cloud Appliances In Cabinet

• February 11, 2020 at 11:23 am #267001
      Jordyn Pennyfeather
      Participant

Not sure if this is possible but I couldn’t find an answer after searching the forum/Googling. In the non-cloud Room_App or any of the appliance catalogs, I can drag and drop the appliance “inside” the cabinet and it will allow the cabinet to fit around the appliance. Is that possible using Cloud appliances? I have tried it but can’t seem to make it work.

• February 11, 2020 at 12:10 pm #267021
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Jordyn,

Unfortunately that is correct, the cloud items will not make the cut out in the item you use. What you would be able to do however is go into the Sample_E or F catalog and then use a Tall Custom cabinet to manually create the cut-out in the item.

After that you can drag the appliance from the cloud into the tall unit and then use an Elevation to place the item properly into the opening.

Kris

Attachments:
      • February 11, 2020 at 12:16 pm #267031
        Jordyn Pennyfeather
        Participant

🙁 Is that something that will be added in the future? I can’t use the sample catalogs, I am using the cabinet catalogs so the customers can see their own doorstyle and color.

• February 11, 2020 at 3:03 pm #267035
      Santiago Morales
      2020 Expert

Hello Jordyn

Thank you for your feedback.   Unfortunately, the cloud solution does not allow that yet. : )

We are currently working on the Cross Catalog functionality which will allow to add any type of cloud appliance onto cloud cabinets and have its cut-out done automatically.     This will be done through the Cloud Configurator which will also allow to configure your cloud cabinets very conveniently.

We already have many manufacturer brands lined-up to have their catalogs into the cloud.  Very exciting!

The good news is that we are in the process of testing/piloting this solution with beta testers.  If you are interested in trying it out please sign-up through the following link:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HHZXMNL

Thank you!

Santiago

• February 29, 2020 at 6:34 pm #271219
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

I have attached an example of how I do it.

On the Left is the cabinet with the generic oven already in it.

In the middle, is the cabinet after I have gone into it’s Attributes and switched “Oven” to style number 0 (which makes the oven disappear).

On the Right is a Cloud Oven added.  Weird thing – at least in the Manufacturer’s catalogue I use – if the oven LOOKS centred on the floor plan, it will invariably be misaligned in the render.

I have to right click on the oven *in the rendering* and Drag or In/Out it until it looks right.

Hope that’s helpful!

Ariana

Attachments:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.