Setting defaults for renderings

• June 1, 2016 at 2:35 pm #90724
      DonnaTHC
      Participant

How do I change the default for renderings from being in color?  I have gone into the Rendering Performance in Preferences and changed the Mode to Hidden but every time I shoot a perspective I am given a color image instead of a Hidden Lines image.  Thanks in advance for your help!!

• June 2, 2016 at 9:22 am #90828
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Donna,

There are two possible reasons for the designs to keep coming up in texture mode even after changing the rendering performance preferences.

1- You are opening designs that you have already done a rendering in texture mode.  The design remembers the mode you first did a rendering in and keeps it as the default from then on.

2- You are using the camera to create the rendering.  There is an issue with the camera where it defaults to Texture no matter what preferences you have set.  The work around is to do a rendering without the camera in Hidden line mode before using the camera.  Once you have created a render in hidden lines without the camera, close the render and then use the camera to get the view you want and it should now come up in hidden line mode.

Hope that helps

Neil

• June 16, 2016 at 1:41 pm #92599
      DonnaTHC
      Participant

Hi Neil,

Was reading through the Forum and realized I never thanked you for your answer.  I got it emailed to me and have forwarded your answer on to the other designers in my office.

Thanks so much for your help,

Donna

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.