Settings / Program Layout after updating.

• May 4, 2022 at 3:09 pm #365862
      Jonathan Smallwood
      Participant

When updating to a new version none of the modifications to the program layout get retained.  20/20 gives one the freedom to make it their own.  However after upgrading having everything reset is absurd.   In this latest update to version 13.3.0.80 one can not (rather if available it is not obvious,) save a Display setting and have that setting be the default to every new design started.  The message “20-20 (All tiems).shf This file is set to read-only Try again with a different name.”  Comes up when trying to overwrite these .shf files.  From memory these files could be overwritten.

Furthermore, the program layout I created (locations of the bower, placement, toolbar quick access points, et cetera)  have been reset which forces users to recreate what they have spent time perfecting months prior to the upgrade.  If the program now recognizes specific individual users then why not have the ability to retain said user’s preferences so that when future upgrades are introduced that you need to spend time getting everything back to the way you prefer.  Also this introduces one an opportunity to use a coworker’s computer and not have to spend time finding things.  Simply log in as you and the layout changes to your individual layout.

If this feature is already in place and I am just missing it please let me know.

• May 4, 2022 at 6:35 pm #365895
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Jonathan,

You should be able to overwrite the 20-20(All Items) Scheme. If you are getting an error message saying that this is a read-only file, then your permissions are not properly set up. When creating a scheme, you could always rename the scheme to something other than 20-20(All Items) to have yours saved. Once you have your scheme saved with a new name, you can click on File > Preferences > Display tab schemes… and change the All scheme to the one you created.

-The schemes you create can be found in C:\ProgramData\2020\Design\13\Config

For saving your preferences, I will send you a suggestion via email.

Hope this helps,

Kris

• May 5, 2022 at 12:00 pm #366007
      Jonathan Smallwood
      Participant

Kris,

Thank you for your input.  I had to go to the file manager and unselect the Read-only attribute to each .shf file; I don’t recall having to do this before.  20/20 is designed to operate under administrator conditions so why this even occurred is beyond me.  At least for now this is resolved, thanks again.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.