Shaking my head over version 11.5

• June 25, 2016 at 2:35 pm #93668
      James Garland
      Participant

Well I upgraded from 11.2 to 11.5 a couple of days ago, and the newest seems rife with bugs. It’s slow, there’s some crashing (while trying to add cabinets double-click right of a highlighted cabinet on the plan, among other instances), and maybe one of the most unusual of problems…can’t get a mullion door for the left side of a double door cabinet, OR french door…weird and there doesn’t seem to be a fix on that. And…all of my recessed lights (even the plates on a suspended fixture) are tilted 45 degrees to point at the walls…who thinks this is a good idea? Advice?

Attachments:
    • June 26, 2016 at 5:34 am #93685
      KevinG
      Participant

I’m having issues with notes I put in attributes not showing up on the quotes. Its weird, I’ll get one showing and the rest won’t

• June 27, 2016 at 10:57 am #93689
        Edith
        Participant

Hello James
        I believe we could find an alternative for the recessed lights, it will be easier if we connect to your computer to work together on this particular issue.
        Could you please send me your contact information at resisentialsupport@2020spaces.com

Thanks

• June 26, 2016 at 7:53 pm #93686

In the other forum, there are also quite a few bug reports but the biggest is that to get a new door style to display in a render view, you often have to quit and restart the drawing.

Also Draw Line still does not accept typed in measurements

When opening previous version drawings, I often get big grey shapes showing in the design and have to switch the ceiling off to remove them.

Window ‘views’ such as patio 1 still do not display correctly

Unbelievable!

• June 26, 2016 at 11:07 pm #93687

EDIT for above – door styles not updating on a render

In the render screen options (line/Texture etc) there is an option for Refresh Rendering on Idle – try unticking the box.

If it works, thank Kev of Kev’s catalogs

• June 26, 2016 at 11:22 pm #93688

EDIT for above

Nope – that doesn’t fix it but the issue does not always happen. It’s very intermittent.

• June 27, 2016 at 3:18 pm #93738
      George
      2020 Admin

Hello James,

The mullion and French door issue was immediately spotted upon release and is currently being addressed at this moment. There should be a new update available shortly where it is resolved.

Regarding the program running slow, I would suggest contacting an agent directly. It is difficult to say why this is so as most of our feedback thus far has been positive with 11.5.1.

An agent will also be able to more accurately determine where any problem may be coming from, be it computer or software related, and report it so that any fix can be implemented within an update and possibly provide you with a workaround at the same time.

• June 29, 2016 at 9:26 am #93972
      Chris Setlock
      Participant

I just installed 11.5.1, using the patch.  Installing it overwrites my custom settings.  I thought that was not going to happen anymore.  Installing 11.4 didn’t overwrite everything.

I realize it’s a pretty minor complaint, but it takes about about 1/2 hour to track down and reset my preferences.

• June 30, 2016 at 12:34 pm #94060
      Danny Steiger
      Pilot Pro

I’m having lots of issues with custom textures.  I was excited to seemingly be able to edit the sheen level,  however now my textures are either having completely random results or end up very dark (see attached).

Also, why is this V11 forum hidden away like this and not with the V10 & V9 pages?  Its very confusing.

I’m having lots of crashes and out of memory messages.  I’ve even gone through and shrunk down my custom items significantly.

• July 7, 2016 at 2:47 pm #94538
        Frederic
        2020 Expert

“I just installed 11.5.1, using the patch. Installing it overwrites my custom settings. I thought that was not going to happen anymore”

What settings did you lose? Preference, toolbars, Windows placement?
        Something else entirely?

• June 30, 2016 at 12:47 pm #94077
      Dominic Russo
      Participant

(ignore this reply, it is just a test)

• June 30, 2016 at 2:20 pm #94084
      Chris Setlock
      Participant

I upgraded yesterday.  I haven’t added any new textures to my library, yet.  I have discovered that some of my existing custom textures have become corrupted.

-Selecting one custom texture causes a different custom texture to render.

-Another one renders as a mirrored texture from the common textures catalog.

-Others don’t render at all.

I really hope I wont have to recreate my whole library!

• June 30, 2016 at 3:21 pm #94086
      Chris Setlock
      Participant

OK.  I’ve been troubleshooting, trying to figure out what’s going on with the texture library.

Crappy timing.  I’m trying to get some nice renderings to a client this afternoon, and 2020 is not cooperating!

I’ve sussed out a couple more details:
      -The textures that weren’t rendering at all had no descriptions.  I edited the descriptions using the new dialog.
      -Now they render, but they render very dark, like Danny is experiencing, above.

• June 30, 2016 at 3:32 pm #94087
      Chris Setlock
      Participant

OK.  It’s definitely an issue with the user texture library.

As an experiment, I used the octagon and dot tile from the common library.  It worked just fine.  The then right clicked, saved it to the user texture library, edited the size, and used it again.  Now, it renders very dark.

• June 30, 2016 at 8:28 pm #94129

I must admit that I am very frustrated with the lack of testing before releasing a new version. I used to be Tech Director in a software company and this level of bugs wouldn’t have let our software be classed as Beta Test let alone be a supposedly full release!

• June 30, 2016 at 9:24 pm #94130
      Casey Moser
      Participant

Also, having trouble with custom textures and renderings not refreshing!  What is going on???  This is unacceptable.  Need renderings for a client and the software is failing.  Very disappointing.

• July 7, 2016 at 11:09 am #94518
      Edith
      Participant

Hello Casey

In order for changes to be reflected in the rendering, the rendering needs to be closed, apply the changes and regenerate the rendering.
      We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you at this time, this has been reported and we intend to have a fix for it shortly.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags