“signed in on another computer”

• November 18, 2020 at 12:51 pm #306912
      Chris Setlock
      Participant

I got the “you are signed in on another computer” message today.  I only have one computer, and I have no reason to think my 2020 account is being pirated.  It’s the second time this has happened.  In order to get back to work, I have to call support and ask them to reset my account for me.

Is anyone else experiencing this?  I’m guessing this is a server side glitch.

Could we get a way to log _ourselves_ out?  Not just in glitch scenarios like this, but also for those folks who have a machine at the office and another at home.

• November 19, 2020 at 12:06 pm #306923
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the feedback on this, we appreciate the report. We are currently investigating into this issue and will provide updates to the situation soon.

Thank you,

Kris

• December 3, 2020 at 7:41 am #308688
      Alicia Corr
      Participant

I’ve had this happen numerous times this week. This morning, I signed in and was using the program for 15 minutes before I received the pop up. At least it was kind enough to let my render finish, and save my file before exiting. I start my day at 7am EST and have to wait until 9am EST for support to open. Two hours are a substantial amount of time to lose when you’re trying to finalize a few projects.

• December 3, 2020 at 5:23 pm #308948
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Alicia,

I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you but I am happy to say that we have just deployed the fix for this issue. Now the only times you should experience this issue is if you have truly forgotten to sign out of your primary computer and have tried to sign into a different computer.

Regards,

Kris

• January 16, 2021 at 7:49 pm #313730
      Chuck Conner
      Participant

I am having the same issue and it has happened multiple times. I only sign in on one PC. Even if I were to use 3 pc’s there should be a way to remotely sign out. If I am signed in on my desktop in CT and take a trip to FL and forgot to sign out of my desktop I cant access the program from a laptop without physically logging out. Seems a little archaic. System should automatically sign you out of any sessions if you log in from another location or have the option to remote sign out.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.