Sketchup import

• May 19, 2020 at 5:25 pm #282727
      Dan Collins
      Participant

I need a little help here.  I’m using version 11 right now, haven’t updated to 12 because our company won’t let us yet.   Whenever I try to import a sketchup file, it messes up my 2020 drawing.  On the rare occasion I can get it to import, when I click on the attributes, it shows the dimension as some ridiculous number, like 46,998″.  In the drawing, the model is really small and basically useless.   When I save my sketchup drawings, I save them as a v.2016 model.  Any suggestions?

The image attached was an attempt to import a simple cube 42″ wide cube.  The drawing plan and elevation were blank after the import.  It wouldn’t let me click on anything except the sketchup model (which I couldn’t see but if I right-clicked, it was there).

Attachments:
    • May 20, 2020 at 12:45 pm #282834
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Dan,

There was issue with Sketchup in v11 and it shouldn’t actually work. The only way to be able to use Sketchup properly would be in version 12.

Sketchup was updated to being mostly 64-bit items and that’s why it wouldn’t work in version 11, because v11 is a 32-bit program.

Kris

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags