Sketchup Library not working

• March 14, 2022 at 8:31 pm #360768
      Kalyn Downes
      Participant

Hello,

my sketchup import is not loading up anymore. any idea why?

thanks!

• March 14, 2022 at 9:32 pm #360769
      Candace Lentz
      Participant

Same here! This seems to happen once or twice a year and is so frustrating. I know the workaround about going to the sketchup site and downloading, but it’s part of what I pay for with 2020 and I hope it gets fixed!

• March 15, 2022 at 11:32 am #360771
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi,

If SketchUp is having issues loading up, I would suggest to update to the newer version 13.2. Click HERE to start the download of the new version.

If you are in the version 12 currently and are going to install 13.2, you can use our data migrator tool to push the catalogs from 12 to 13. Click HERE to check out that article!

If you are on an earlier version of 13 and will be updating to the newest version, you should first run a basic uninstallation of design before installing the newer version. Click HERE to check out our article on how to run a basic uninstallation.

Of course, if you need assistance with any of this, you can contact our support department by calling 1.866.697.2020.

Regards,

Kris

• March 16, 2022 at 9:10 pm #360847

I generally advise my Designers against using the Sketchup browser built into 2020 – I prefer to browse the warehouse, download items of interest and keep and organise them locally. There are some VERY good reasons to do it this way.

1. Sketchup items often get deleted from Warehouse by their owners or by Trimble. If you have them locally on your PC, they can’t disappear.
        2. Sketchup items often do not work, crash 2020 or need some work before use in 2020. Downloading multiple similar items locally allows you to test them and confirm that they work well in 2020 Design. The last thing you want is to be working on a drawing, import an item and it crashes 2020 losing work.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags