Soffit Modification

• January 15, 2018 at 4:42 pm #166171
      JASON BURMEISTER
      Participant

I am drawing a kitchen with a soffit, I need help to figure out how to edit the soffit so that they have angled corners instead of a 90 degree corners. I have placed soffits on the walls using soffits I found in the Moldings/Soffits folder in the Architectural Elements catalog.

• January 16, 2018 at 2:09 pm #166231
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hey Jason,

You could use 3d shapes to make the soffits and then edit the 3d shapes to have the appropriate angles.

Neil

• February 21, 2018 at 1:38 pm #171868
      James Garland
      Participant

Hi Jason,

I’ve always found the easiest way to do soffits is to use the countertop program to create them. By placing a 12″ deep wall base on the floor plan after the walls are set but prior to designing cabinetry, and setting a counter on it, the countertop can be manipulated for width, depth, thickness, and texture ( I match the wall texture) pretty easily, then set above the floor to the dimension needed. An angled corner- no sweat: grab the inside point, make a radius corner, then straighten the arc. A couple of notes: best to be using square foot top for the default counter; if you use auto-design for countertop and backsplashes once the cabinet layout is set, 2020 will put splash on top of the soffits  (easily deleted); and when setting top moulding at the wall cabinets, it’s necessary to lift the soffit above the wall height to set the moulding.

• February 21, 2018 at 3:26 pm #171877
      JASON BURMEISTER
      Participant

Thanks, I will give that a try!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.