Some Ideas for Visual Impression

• January 21, 2015 at 3:47 pm #22109
      Stephanie
      Participant

Many months ago, we were asked what types of things we would like added to Visual Impression. Some of us asked for Healthcare type items, some Monitors and while I have not needed this until recently, it keeps coming up…regularly. Some basic millwork items. Base cabinets, upper cabinets countertop, perhaps a sink or two would be really nice.
      Does anyone else ever need something like this?

While there are great strides in Visual Impression, some additional lighting controls would be really helpful. We just seem to get a lot of dark spots. Thanks!!

• January 21, 2015 at 3:54 pm #22110
      VDK
      Pilot Pro

If we are starting a laundry list…. I’ve been asking to have Headings available in the VI for a while. The ability to add Titles and Headings to our renderings would save time and may help in file size and look, being we currently have to open it in Illustration to add them.

Thank you,

• January 21, 2015 at 4:07 pm #22111
        Chad Bulthuis
        2020 Moderator

Stephanie: In December we added some new materials for the already-existing monitors to make them a bit easier to work with. There are plans in place for some of the things you asked for and for others we’ll add them to the suggestions list. Regarding healthcare items, what were you thinking? Generic hospital bed or something a bit more specific or exotic? Better/more lighting control is something we’ve heard from others as well, so that’s on our list. Have you tried any of the windows that allow light into a room? They might help in some cases…

• March 12, 2015 at 5:57 pm #24397
      Stephanie
      Participant

Hello- As I am working on a project I noticed A fixture called Ceiling 16…It looks like the fixture our client uses!  Hooray!  But boo…it’s way too small and it’s too close to the ceiling.  Just curious as to whether any thought has been given to be able to adjust lighting heights and then having the ability to adjust sizes on the light fixtures?  Ability to adjust height would be a great help.  The pendant fixtures especially.

• March 13, 2015 at 4:53 pm #24476
      Stephanie
      Participant

I actually had this come up in a presentation the other day…First, I almost always turn off the system placed lights, because I forgot and someone said, we’re really going to have downlights throughout the space?  And in another rendering I remembered to turn them off and someone said, don’t you think it will be dark, there’s no lights.  So the ability to be able to have 2X4 or 2X2 fluorescents in the ceiling grid would be a nice touch.  Same client as the comment above with not being able to adjust the Ceiling 16 light.

• August 3, 2016 at 4:07 pm #97344
      Aly Kihm
      Participant

Having the ability to change the height of any ceiling fixture would be ideal… I have a ceiling wedge in the existing space…. i need the light to go on that not the actual ceiling… any help?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags