Surface Tool

• March 16, 2015 at 4:31 pm #24517
      NOVAKBB
      Participant

Hi,

Does anyone know how to perfectly map a logo to a surface using the surface tool? I can create custom textures very well, but what i find difficult is how to accurately lay a logo on a specific background without the image repeating its self.

• March 30, 2015 at 5:41 pm #25760
      Shane J. Simone
      Participant

Hi,

I think I have a solution for you.

1. Draw a wall on the floor plan, line it up with the face of the item you want to put the logo on.

2. turn that wall into a construction line so that it is invisible.

3. Go to openings and obstacles and choose “scenery”. Make the scenery the size you need the log to be, I think it must be square, not rectangular to line up properly. Surface doesn’t seem to work, it will offset the image.

4. Right click on the scenery and go into attributes, then variables, left click on “scenery 1,” and use the wizard to select the image you have for your logo. Crop the image perfectly around the logo. Hold shift and control when you do this or the box won’t surround it properly.

5. When the wizard asks you for the dimension, make it the same size as the “scenery” square on your floor plan. This should work.

I will see if I can find your email and shoot you an example.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.