Switch Items Issues

• November 6, 2015 at 4:29 pm #57082
      Chris Setlock
      Participant

Is anybody else having issues with the switch items dialog in v11?  I’m just updating a design to the latest catalog from the manufacturer, the nomenclature is the same, but it’s missing some obvious switches.  When I make the selection and the switch manually, or delete the item from the design, the item is still there when I go back to the design view (in my case, this is happening with crown molding and toekick).  Sometimes, 20-20 crashes when I try to switch manually, or when I try to delete the old item.

• November 10, 2015 at 10:48 am #57358
      Christina
      Participant

Hi Chris,

The switch item feature validates more than just the nomenclature when doing the switch, which could explain the issue. All variables are validated, and any item that has an add on, or an item has had its dimensions changed, will not switch automatically.

Deleting items from the switch items tool, should delete the item from the floor plan. I would suggest you copy your design to a new floor plan, before doing the switch items.

If you are still experiencing issues, our you would like one of our reps to connect to your pc, please feel free to give our support line a call 1-866-697-2020.

Thank you,

Christina 🙂

• November 16, 2015 at 2:05 pm #58383

Are there any issues with going to 11 and not being able to go back to 9 or 10 to bring in a design? I really want to start using 11 but I was told there were issues.

• November 23, 2015 at 9:39 am #62244
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Karen,

You can go up from 9 or 10 to version 11 but not back.  Once you open a file in version 11 you will have to finish it in version 11.

I always like to recommend to version 9 users that they finish designs started in the older version in the older version and then start new designs in the new version.

Neil

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.