Switch Items – problem

• August 24, 2017 at 12:06 pm #144624
      Chris Blackman
      Participant

I may be using the Switch Item function incorrectly but I have noticed this:

If I switch a, using the Choice Cabinetry catalogs, TVSB into a TVSB, TVS or TV3DB [Tall Vanity Sink Base] AND change the width of the cabinet (TVSB24 -> TVS18 or TV3DB27) the cabinet changes but the dimension do NOT.

I am new to the program (and the profession) so I didn’t notice this until one of our project managers brought it up to me AND I had a countertop manufacturer tell me my numbers were WAY off.

In the image attached, I used Switch Item to change the TVSB24’s into TVSB27’s.

Am I using the function incorrectly?

Thanks,

Chris

• August 24, 2017 at 12:58 pm #144625
      Chris Blackman
      Participant

here is the picture

• August 24, 2017 at 3:21 pm #144664
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Chris,

I’m not able to reproduce the issue with the Sample catalogs so it might be catalog related.

I have found that if you are only switching a small number of cabinets the best way to do it is to simply delete the cabinet and replace it rather than use the switch items.

For your specific issue I think it would be a good idea to call the 1-866-697-2020 support line and they will be able to investigate the issue more completely.

Neil

• August 24, 2017 at 3:36 pm #144665
      Chris Blackman
      Participant

Neil,

Thanks, I usually use the Switch Items if we are changing catalogs so we can have a separate door-style and color for different sections. Sometimes I use it if I am changing more than one of a type of cabinet.

I may have used Switch Item AFTER the counter tops were in place.

I’ll give the number a call hopefully tomorrow if I have the time. The phone support has been great so far.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.