texture origin point shifting.

• January 13, 2019 at 12:19 pm #223572
      Chris Setlock
      Participant

A local artist is making a custom mosaic to use as a focal point.  To help the client visualize the final piece, I made a 30×30 jpg of the proposed mosaic, which I used as a custom texture for a surface field.  In the attributes thumbnail, it looks perfect.  When I then generate a rendering, the origin point of the texture shifts to the horizontal center of the field, so the image is bisected and reassembled.

The texture, and the surface field are both 30×30″, so it should work perfectly.

Attachments:
    • January 15, 2019 at 1:00 pm #223920
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Hi Chris,

Whenever I need an image to STAY PUT – like putting a fake front on an appliance, or creating a built-in fireplace from the jpeg of a fireplace – I use SCENERY.

You need to go into the Generic ROOM catalogue – in my 2020 its under Windows.

This is supposed to be used to put up a big “wall” of scenery behind a series of windows, so you see a continuous image – and for that reason, it doesn’t “tile” or shift a jpeg – you just have to make sure that when you dictate the dimensions, that the jpeg is in ratio to fit it properly.

Does that make sense?

Ariana

• January 17, 2019 at 12:06 pm #224312
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hey Chris,

Sorry for the long delay in the response.  Had to do some testing.  From the attached image you will see that I get the same thing if I use a surface or a 3d shape but if you use a picture (that one is from the cloud) and change the texture of the image it works great.

It seems that the point of origin used in the surface and on the 3d shapes does not correspond to the corner of the item so the image tiles.

Hope that helps.

Neil

Attachments:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.