Textures Freezing

• August 30, 2019 at 9:02 pm #247089
      Kimberly Hampton
      Participant

I’m so fed up with this software.  Most times when trying to apply a texture to a surface, the program freezes trying to load multiple of the same texture.  I can see that the default textures from the catalogs or software are duplicated loading.  Once I’m finally able to select a texture, it’s black.  I have checked the size of the textures I have uploaded and all are about 150KB so nothing large.  I only have 8 loaded as well.  So question is, how do I fix this issue?  I’ve killed the program, rebooted, deleted all custom textures, reloaded, killed all programs besides 2020, have over 8GB of RAM.  I’ve tried all I can think of.  I’m also open to replacing 2020 as it has been nothing but a headache and so much time wasted.  Suggestions?

Thanks!

• August 31, 2019 at 2:41 pm #247100
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Wow!  That’s awful!

I have no solution for you, but I empathize!  I’ve never had this happen – I hope they can fix it for you – that is not typical 2020 behaviour at all.

Ariana

• September 3, 2019 at 9:56 am #247118
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Kimberly,

As Ariana said, that is definitely not normal behavior.  Textures misbehaving or coming in black is usually related to the catalog database.  The first thing to try would be to do a clean install of the software.  Do  a complete uninstall and then reinstall the software and the catalogs.

If you want a hand with that please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-866-697-2020 and one of our techs will be happy to assist.  We will also be able to take a first hand look at your machine and see if we can figure out why you are getting the repeated textures.

Thank you

Neil

• September 4, 2019 at 7:06 pm #247506

This is definitely not typical – as Neil said, a re-install is definitely the first thing to try. Another thing that I’ve found on a couple of occasions is that black textures can sometime be related to your graphics card driver and I’d check that you are on the latest Microsoft approved (WHQL) driver.

As a general rule, if 2020 is giving you issues – don’t perservere but contact tech support or reach out here or in the independant facebook forum. You are not alone and there are many ways to improve your 2020 Design experience. The facebook forum is here https://www.facebook.com/groups/2020PUG   and with 845 members and new ones joining all the time, you will definitely be welcome.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.