Tile Layout-Brickjoint/Subway

• September 25, 2015 at 10:44 am #51315
      Denneen
      Participant

I have searched and searched.  Am I missing something?  Is there no easier way to make tile layout plans?

I have seen posts about making tiles from “Material Wizard” but I can’t figure out how to make the tiles correct and have the tile/grout lines on the plan.  Can anyone give me help with this?

Also I don’t understand the last question Wizard asks: Actual size of material?  Is there a formula to use?  I had to make different sized tiles, and I tried all different numbers nothing seemed to work correctly.  Am I suppose to put one number in, or two?  (example: 10 inches or 10X14 inches)

• September 28, 2015 at 5:04 pm #51511
      Edith
      Participant

Hi Denneen,

you may want to try the “editable floor tiles” found in the room catalog, they are pretty versatile and may give the effect your looking for with a lot less work.

If you want to use the custom texture wizard, the following should help:

– Your image file should be a perfect square that is tillable either (128 x 128), (256 x 256) or (512 x 512).

– The size should be one number the inches of the tile in your case, if the tile is 10 x 10 then you would enter 10.

– A 10 x 14 tile is harder to do because you would need to tile your image in paint or photo shop to make it a perfect square, something like 7 tiles across (10 inches x 7 = 70 inches) then 5 tiles down (14 inches x  5 = 70). This will give you a perfect square which you may then tile seamlessly (I didn’t include the grout).

Hope that helps. For more info you can click on the Help tab in 2020 Design and search for custom texture in the content.

Dominic

2020 Tech Support

• October 15, 2015 at 8:52 am #54048
      Bill
      Pilot Pro

Hi Deneen,

Are you doing a line type presentation.  In this case you may be better off to create each tile one at a time, then lay them in place with the appropriate spacing left for grout.

check out the Rubik’s Cube I made at this link.  It was done using the same principles.

http://www.freelancekitchendesigner.com/DOODLES.html

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.