Tips on how to quote jobs faster

• January 17, 2020 at 10:46 pm #265288
      Robert
      Participant

Anyone have some advice to speed up new job estimates?

• January 20, 2020 at 10:56 pm #265376
      1. Work out pricing for linear meter/yard for base, wall, tall cabinets in your various configs, and the different benchtops groups and thicknesses etc. Put this and your other factors (appliances, trades etc) into a spreadsheet. Use this to quote (can be surprising accurate).
      2. Create a full blown spreadsheet for quoting on every aspect of the kitchen, cabinet by cabinet (what we used for 10 years).
      3. Same as for 2. but using the Application Integration option of 2020 with import of that file to populate your spreadsheet (needs some programming help by an expert).
      4. Same as for 3. but using custom written pricing and project management software (what we did but cost us many thousands of AU$).

As an example of 2. you can download a spreadsheet I wrote for a now defunct business here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/elererx2pebdwok/Quote%20Template.xlsm?dl=0

The spreadsheet was a work in progress and I left the company before I finished it.

• June 7, 2020 at 11:57 am #285381
        Gregg Meyers
        Participant

Hello, Mike,

Thank you much for sharing these suggestions – the Dropbox spreadsheet is coming up no longer there. Would you please be able to make it available again?

Much appreciated!

Gregg Meyers

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.