Unable to install KraftMaid .exe Catalogs

• April 2, 2019 at 3:56 pm #231815
      Tom Jeffers
      Participant

Forward: I am fully aware that 2020 v9.1 is well past being outdated. Some in our company were resistant to change because of the familiarity of the program, and as a result it was used far too long. Now I am in a position where I am trying to save some .kit files that came up corrupted for no reason.

Hi, I am unable to install KraftMaid .exe Catalogs on 2020 Design v9.1 Service Pack 4. I’ve run into this problem while reinstalling all catalogs on a fresh install of Design 9.1.1.446.

I haven’t had any trouble installing any of the .zip file catalogs from 2020.net, nor have I had any trouble trying to install the .exe autoinstall catalogs provided by 2020. However, the .exe catalogs from KraftMaid are giving me all sorts of trouble.

The install window will pop up and then immediately close out. I have tried running it in compatibility mode, running it as an administrator, nothing. I updated Windows 10 and made sure that it was running properly, installed 2020 again. Same issues.

I checked Event Viewer to see what was going on under the hood and this is what I found.

Faulting application name: setup.exe_Masco Cabinetry, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5979d664

Faulting module name: ISSetup.dll, version: 22.0.0.401, time stamp: 0x5979d59e

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00034cd8

Faulting process id: 0x234c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d4e98b2fddd674

Faulting application path: C:\Users\Tom\AppData\Local\Temp\{E8213816-940A-493A-8F22-D4926833357F}\setup.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Users\Tom\AppData\Local\Temp\{E8213816-940A-493A-8F22-D4926833357F}\ISSetup.dll

Report Id: 59a003e8-986e-43d3-b70d-be44df77c6e1

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

This is beyond me what to do here. From what I understand, this issue could potentially go away if I had the .zip versions of these catalogs. That won’t be on option in this case though, as KraftMaid was only able to provide me with .exe installation files for catalogs older than 2018.

I have installed these catalogs on Windows 10 in the past without any issues, so I am not sure why this is happening now. I’m pretty sure that the problem involves ISSetup.dll in some way, but this is slightly beyond me.

I tried contacting 2020 Support, and they connected to my computer via TeamViewer to try to see if they could figure out what was going on. They were not able to though. He basically checked a few windows, looked at Event Viewer for a minute and basically told me to check Windows.

Not really sure what that’s supposed to do though? I’ve been “checking Windows” all day today trying to figure out why these catalogs aren’t working.

I asked KraftMaid what to do here and they asked me to get support from 2020 involving this issue since since they could not provide the zip catalogs. They also claimed it was a problem with 2020 and not KraftMaid anyway.

This I could confirm by successfully installing some of these catalogs on another computer.

I would really appreciate some help here.

Thanks

• April 2, 2019 at 5:28 pm #231817
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Tom,

Being able to install the catalogs on a different computer actually points to an issue that is machine specific and ISSetup.dll is related to the Windows InstallShield.  So it could be an issue with that .dll on your computer or it could also be related to the Windows C++ components on your computer.

The first thing I would try would be to uninstall all the C++ on your computer from the Windows control panel, reboot and then reinstall all the C++.  The C++ is available from Microsoft and can be found with a simple Google search.  You should reinstall the C++ in order so start with the C++ 2005 and work your way up.

If removing and re-installing the C++ does not resolve the issue you might have deeper Windows issues.  You can run an SFC scan (open a command prompt and type in SFC / scannow) to check the integrity of your windows files.  If there are any issues with the files you may need run a Windows Repair or possibly even reinstall Windows.

Hope that helps

Neil

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags