Unacceptable support – can't even install update or uninstall previous version.

• January 18, 2017 at 12:02 pm #117766
      Danny Steiger
      Pilot Pro

This is getting ridiculous.  It’s par for the course that getting tech support from 20-20 was always an exercise in patience, but this is beyond inconsiderate.

The other day I called in and started at number 6 in the queue.  Over the next 40 minutes I held on while my place in the queue ticked down to 1.  Next I was disconnected with a message that “No one is currently available.  Please call back and try your call again.”  Are we serious?

So today I go for online chat support.  I’m number 3 in the queue, not too bad.  Within 15 minutes I’m down to number 1 and get the message:  “Please wait… Your number in the queue: 1.  A representative will be joining you shortly.”  Ok, great!  Next thing I know I’m kicked out of the chat and told that “No one is currently available, please leave a message.”  Really?

Well, I’ve done this before, on more than one occasion, and guess what?  I never receive a call.  So it’s back to attempting to hold or chat… only to get kicked out at queue spot 1.  This is beyond poor customer service, and beyond acceptable.  I can’t even put into words how infuriated I am right now.

• January 18, 2017 at 12:26 pm #117768
      Pasquale Brancati
      Participant

Good afternoon Danny – I apologize for the wait time when contacting the customer support team. I will have a support agent contact you shortly and put on priority, rest assured. Thank you Pat

• January 18, 2017 at 12:47 pm #117769
      Pasquale Brancati
      Participant

Hello Danny – Just to follow up, I see you were helped by Maryam in the customer support team and assisted to install your 2020 Design update correctly. If there’s anything further we can do for you, please let us know. Again, I apologize for the wait times as we are experiencing a minor technical matter we are in addressing shortly.  Thank you for your understanding and we appreciate your business. Regards Pat

• January 18, 2017 at 1:47 pm #117771
      Jed Flemington
      Participant

Sorry to hear of the bad experience.

I will have to say just the opposite though. On many different occasions I have contact Tech support, and found they went above and beyond. Not only would they fix the issue, but educate and show me how to avoid issues of the like in the future.

Really appreciate the 2020 team.

Thanks.

• January 18, 2017 at 2:19 pm #117775
      Danny Steiger
      Pilot Pro

Hi Jed,

To be very clear, it’s not at all the support team themselves that I am or have ever been frustrated. Every time I have gotten a hold of someone in that department they have absolutely been able to help me out.

The thing that was so infuriating was the difficulty it was to even get to someone in the department. Whether this is a man-power issue (not enough techs), a technology issue, or something else… that’s what’s truly frustrating.

Pasquale,

Yes, Maryam was very helpful and was able to fix the problem that I was having. I understand this is an especially busy time, coming off KBIS and what-not, but this issue has been around for quite a while. There are many, many things that 20-20 excels at, but there are a few things that just boggle the mind. Hopefully my frustration bring light to the issues and steps can be taken to improve things; I don’t want to complain for the sake of complaining, but I think it’s important to identify problems and find solutions.

• January 26, 2017 at 2:48 pm #118619
      Larry
      Participant

That stinks as those hold times on the phone seem uncommon nowadays since the company expanded a couple years back, but I will relay that I believe the 2020 chat feature is simply borked as I’ve tried using it a few times only to get disconnected saying no one was available so I gave up trying to use that.

But heck, you should’ve been around a few years ago when they only had a couple support staff answering calls as it’d take a minimum of an hour, if at all, to reach someone every time. I think I still have a picture of my phone where it took over 3.5hrs to get ahold of someone during normal business hours to activate a key, which took less than 5 minutes 🙂

So I’ll gladly state that my experiences with 2020 have gotten so much better over the years. I no longer cringe if and when I need to call as I normally get through within a couple minutes. But looking back over the past 9 years with over 400 hours of supporting the 2020 product for our company and I have to wonder, how am I still halfway sane 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.