Unwanted wall movement when top alignment is adjsuted

• December 21, 2023 at 3:49 pm #435399
      Drew Irving
      Participant

This is something I’ve seen happen intermittently for years, since roughly version 9.

When I am setting the various parameters for the design space, when I change the top alignment (I leave it at 84″ default because that works for most of my designs, but I do many on 90″ or 93″), the wall all kind of ‘shift’ upward/north on the plan. Which in and of itself wouldn’t be a problem, except that anything else on the plan doesn’t move with them. Windows, doors, any objects I’ve placed, etc. are then all off their proper placement by a rather random amount.

Top alignment isn’t the only time it happens- It sometimes happens when I’m editing molding or countertops, or if I change the style information for anything.

It’s a small annoyance and I usually notice and just shift everything back; However, a few times now it’s caused problems when I didn’t catch that it had happened, and designed things for spaces with measurements a couple of inches off.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a fix for this?

• December 21, 2023 at 4:28 pm #435400
      George
      2020 Admin

Hello Drew,

Without a visual of the design file or testing with the catalogs?(s) in question it is difficult to say what exactly is occurring.

What we can tell you is that there is a Top Alignment variable within the catalog where the manufacturer can set it themselves. This preference or variable precedes the Preferences in 2020. My assumption is that it may causing some type of undesired effect.

We would suggest contacting an agent directly at 866-697-2020 to determine whether this is a catalog issue or a Deign issue and have it reported accordingly.

Thank yo

2020 Support

• December 22, 2023 at 9:21 am #435427
      Drew Irving
      Participant

Thanks for the reply.

It’s been happening on many designs, for many years, on different machines, with different catalogs, and at different dealers. I first noticed it way back when I worked for Home Depot, and again later on at Lowe’s, and I know the versions of 2020 they use (And the catalogs) are specific to them, and I’ve also seen it at various other shops I’ve worked at while designing with Dura Supreme, Omega, Kraftmaid, Kemper, Wolf, FGM, Showplace, Medallion, Aristocraft, Bertch, and others, and in multiple versions. I’ll see if I can create a file where it’ll happen consistently enough that I can replicate it for IT support at some point.

• March 7, 2024 at 3:29 pm #437364
      Drew Irving
      Participant

Update:

I was able to replicate the error on my boss’s computer as well, and he’s running an older version of 2020 Design.

It happens even when no cabinet manufacturer catalog is used- If you draw a room using only 2020’s wall tool and standard doors and windows, and change the top alignment, everything shifts to one side. The amount & direction it shifts will be the same every time you do it in a given design, but differs between designs.

It only does it when adjusting the top alignment for the entire wall group; Setting the alignment for individual walls does not cause it to happen.

I was able to call tech support while it was happening, they were able to log into my system and watch it happen, and took a report.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.