Update to 2020 Cloud Decorative items

• May 25, 2017 at 9:12 am #131409
      Participant

Over the past 18 months, alongside the release of 2020 Cloud, we have been creating and improving decorative and peripheral items to provide you with more realistic styling possibilities in 2020 Design. In response to customer requests, we’ve built an ever-increasing catalog of almost 1,500 high-quality items in the 2020 Cloud Decorative Items catalog. This catalog is available today to users of 2020 Design (from v11.4 onwards), allowing you to search, filter and preview items before adding them to your designs, without having to download the entire catalog beforehand. Just like all the other manufacturers’ catalogs in 2020 Cloud, the 2020 Decorative Items catalog is regularly updated, eliminating the need for you to manually check.

To provide a better quality of service and focus on quality, from 2020 Design v11.8 we will be providing decorative and peripheral items through the 2020 Decorative Items catalog only. The ROOM_DEC catalog items will be removed while the ROOM_FUR catalog will continue to provide all item types not currently available from the 2020 Decorative Items catalog.

We look forward to continuing to populate the 2020 Decorative Items catalog, and we want to hear from you about items you’d like to see included.

Here are some useful links if you’d like to learn more about 2020 Cloud and the Decorative Items Catalog:

Learn more about 2020 Cloud

Explore the 2020 Decorative Items Catalog

Got a suggestion? Tell us what you’d like to see in this catalog

2020 Cloud FAQ

Thank you,
      2020 Team

• May 26, 2017 at 11:47 am #131562
      Danny Steiger
      Pilot Pro

While the cloud catalog has come a long way I am still disappointed to hear this; the cloud can still be laggy and if there is an interruption in ones internet connection it’s just trouble.

Additionally I find it still clunky to search.  With the current catalog offering I created a copy of the .jpg files for all the decorative, plumbing, furniture, etc catalogs so that in Windows I can just search for what I’m looking for and see all thumbnails very easily.  This saves alot of time scrolling through and clicking on each item.

If there were some search feature like this in the online catalog that would be very helpful.

Just my input as a daily user.

Thanks,

Danny

• May 26, 2017 at 11:53 am #131563
      Participant

Hi Danny,

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry to hear you’re experiencing a lag. Does that happen when you’re performing a specific task?

You might find this web page helpful for getting a larger view of the 2020 Decorative Items catalog: https://www.2020spaces.com/2020-decorative-items/

Best,

2020 Admin

• May 26, 2017 at 12:16 pm #131564
      Danny Steiger
      Pilot Pro

First off, that link is VERY helpful, thank you for passing that on – I’ve already shared it with several other designers who appreciated it as well.

As for lag, I believe it depends on our internet status.

I went to check to get specifics, but I cannot log into the cloud again – For some reason it logs me out when I get rid of the ribbon mode and I need to switch it back to ribbon to get the option to log back in.  I understand this is a known issue.  It’s also things like this that make the Cloud catalog system less than ideal, so it makes me nervous when things start *requiring* the Cloud catalog to use.  If it’s nearly bugless, great, if not it will result in loss of hair 😉

• May 26, 2017 at 12:23 pm #131565
      Participant

Good- I’m glad that was useful.

Yes, that is a known issue that we’re working on – is there a reason you prefer the old non-ribbon mode?

We’re working hard to attain that near-bugless state, so your feedback is appreciated. We’re not in it to put hairdressers out of business  🙂

• May 26, 2017 at 12:39 pm #131566
      Danny Steiger
      Pilot Pro

I prefer to have nearly all of my icons available at any time with having to click to “dig” through menus.  That means many of them are super tiny and not very “obviously” as to what they are, but having worked with the program for 12 years obviously I know which is what, so quick access is much more important to me.

Out of several companies that I have worked for (including a major cabinetry manufacturer) everyone uses the “classic mode” as opposed to ribbon for those reasons.  Of course this is just my corner of the world, so that might be anecdotal, but just feedback for what it’s worth.

• May 26, 2017 at 1:37 pm #131594
      Participant

I see – that’s an interesting point.

Thanks again for your feedback.

• May 27, 2017 at 8:28 am #131920
      Chuck H.
      Participant

<p style=”margin: 0in 0in 0pt;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”>I am a little concerned about the appliance and decorative catalog only being available in the cloud. Many of our designers work with our clients in their home to final a design or conduct a presentation, either on a laptop or a surface tablet.<span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”>  </span>We also need to work out of Hotel rooms during travel and are sometimes concerned about logging in to our systems on their networks. So, if we can only access the appliance catalogs and the decorative catalogs via the cloud that would not work without internet access. </span></p>

<p style=”margin: 0in 0in 0pt;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”>There are also times when the internet goes down in our office for several hours due to unknown circumstances, so again the cloud would not be available. Also, when moving a design to another computer, the cloud would need to be accessed again to download those items. Would it be possible to have those catalogs available online for downloads?</span></p>

• May 30, 2017 at 1:48 pm #131999
      Chris Setlock
      Participant

I’ve enjoyed using items from the cloud, but they currently can not be modified.  Will I be able to change size, texture, etc once I can no longer access the room_dec catalog?  If not, can I save the last room_dec catalog on my own machine, and reinstall it?

How about old designs that use items from the room-dec catalog?  Will they still function?

Lastly, will there still be a coffin and a duck?  I’ve had endless fun placing those in unexpected places.

• May 30, 2017 at 1:59 pm #132002
      Participant

Hi Chris,

You bring up a good point and it’s one we have addressed in the v11.8 of 2020 Design, so you will be able to resize, color & apply textures to decorative items.

Old designs which have used items from room-dec will still function exactly as they do today.

Hmm – the coffin & the duck? I don’t think those are in the line up for the 2020 Decorative Items catalog, but of course if it’s something you need you can always submit a request and we’ll add it!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.