How to use the forum

• October 2, 2014 at 5:39 pm #18002
      Participant

Looking for help, but not sure where to go?

The 2020 user community is a place to share thoughts, ideas, tips, tricks and solutions with your peers. Registered users can post questions and answer or comment but if you get really stuck remember there’s always your local support office available to call for help. If you’re a 2020 Design user with an expired maintenance & support contract, get in touch and we’ll help you renew.

Please be sure to abide by the standard practices of posting in public forums & refrain from using derogatory, inflammatory or unsavoury remarks.

• October 3, 2014 at 2:06 pm #18022
      Celeste Poirier
      Keymaster

Looking forward to this!

• June 25, 2015 at 1:53 pm #37634
      LISA GODFREY
      Participant

How do you create a waterfall edge on a countertop for an island? the 2 sides coming down to the floor…

• July 1, 2015 at 9:47 am #38103
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Lisa,

I like to build a user shape to be the end panel of the waterfall. Place the countertop and then make a user shape the length width and height of the end piece and then just texture it the same as the countertop. Slip it into place and voila! Waterfalliness.

Neil

• February 23, 2017 at 8:58 am #120619
      Anthony Arena
      Participant

Neil,

How do you miter the top and waterfall for a seamless look?

• March 15, 2017 at 11:00 am #121847
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Anthony,
      That one is beyond me. With my suggested solution I don’t believe you can. Sorry.
      Neil

• March 23, 2017 at 6:11 pm #122681
      Richard Streloff
      Participant

Haven’t found a way to miter, yet … but I make the top 1/16″ smaller on both ends and the UserShape less a 1/16″ high to try and hide the butt seam. From a distance you can get away with it, even using the “texture with edges” mode.

See attached …

Richard

Attachments:
    • January 19, 2021 at 11:49 pm #313955
      chin woo
      Participant

Thanks for a useful article 

• June 24, 2022 at 3:58 am #372011
      steve Steve
      Participant

which I can praise that I have good successes and I am very proud of them.

• June 26, 2022 at 3:07 am #372012
      steve Steve
      Participant

I am currently in the process of designing a new product for my company, and the idea is to create a “collaboration platform” where users from different departments can submit ideas and suggestions, and collaborate on them. However, I am having difficulty finding talented developers who are willing to take on the challenge. The dev team has evolved over the past few years to become more diverse (as well as more skilled), yet it does not seem that there is a developer who speaks English as their primary language (and neither do I!). It would help if I could find someone with expertise in one of these languages. Ideally, someone with experience and good references would be great — but if that’s not possible, then at least someone with great communication skills would be nice. If you are interested in helping me create this product, please let me know! I will write back as soon as possible with further details about how we can work together to make this project a success!

• July 6, 2022 at 11:17 am #372725
      Jacob Dacey
      Participant

Specifically on the topic of “How to use the forum,” how can I unsubscribe my email from getting topic replies?  The emails say “Login and visit the topic to unsubscribe from these emails,” but I can’t seem to find that anywhere

Thanks

• July 6, 2022 at 11:35 am #372726
        Kristopher Papaleo
        Participant

Hi Jacob,

At the top of any forum post, you can click on ‘subscribe’ or ‘unsubscribe’. View the image below.

Regards,

Kris

• July 6, 2022 at 2:15 pm #372767
      Jacob Dacey
      Participant

Kristopher,

Thanks for trying, but I don’t have that button?  I’ve tried on multiple browsers now…

Attachments:
      • July 6, 2022 at 4:30 pm #372803
        Kristopher Papaleo
        Participant

Hi Jacob,

Would you be able to confirm which Market Region your account is on?

To find out, Sign into your cloud account by clicking HERE

Once signed in, click on Account Settings to see your market region.

Regards,

Kris

• July 7, 2022 at 10:03 am #372825
      Jacob Dacey
      Participant

United States, which is correct for my location

• July 12, 2022 at 7:06 pm #373079

Hi Jacob,

I updated your user profile. Could you please check if you see ‘Subscribe/Unsubscribe’ button at the top of the Forum page.

Thanks,
        Olena

• July 13, 2022 at 10:20 am #373083
          Jacob Dacey
          Participant

No, it still appears to be exactly the same.

• July 13, 2022 at 10:26 am #373084

Hi Jacob,

Do you want to be unsubscribed only from this topic or from all the forum topics?

• July 14, 2022 at 6:46 pm #373178
          Jacob Dacey
          Participant

I’d prefer to unsubcribe from all forums and check them only when I’d like to. My email is busy enough as it is…

• July 19, 2022 at 10:04 am #373261
          Jacob Dacey
          Participant

Nothing has changed yet, still receiving emails… specifically on the “Wish List” forum.

Why would I not be able to fix this when others can?

• July 19, 2022 at 11:42 am #373263

Hi Jacob,

I’m sorry that you still receive the emails. I was trying to find the best possible solution on how to fix this issue. I updated your user profile once again and you shouldn’t receive the emails now. Let me know if this worked.

• August 4, 2022 at 7:02 am #373765
      steve Steve
      Participant

Hello

How do you create a waterfall edge on a countertop for an island? the 2 sides coming down to the floor…

• August 4, 2022 at 11:26 am #373768
        Kristopher Papaleo
        Participant

Hi Steve,

HERE is an article on how to create a waterfall countertop. If you were wanting to add an edge to the actual waterfall, unfortunately I do not believe there is a way to do this as the edge can only be added horizontally and not vertically.

Regards,

Kris

• August 5, 2022 at 1:26 pm #373781
      steve Steve
      Participant

Excellent article plus its information and I positively bookmark to this site because here I always get amazing knowledge as I expect.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags