Use non-default appliances in a catalog

• January 28, 2019 at 6:15 pm #225472
      Laurel Winkel
      Participant

How can I delete the default microwave that comes with the cabinet?  I want to use a Sharp instead of the ugly preprogramed default microwave but I can’t figure out how.

• January 28, 2019 at 6:23 pm #225474
      Participant

Hi Laurel,

I split this into a new topic since it refers to a file-based catalog, into which you’d like to add items from the cloud. It’ll get more visibility here.

Cheers,

2020 Admin

• January 28, 2019 at 6:39 pm #225475

What we do is to turn the microwave enclosure into an empty box and then use a shape from Sketchup Warehouse.

• January 29, 2019 at 11:09 am #225478
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Thanks again Mike,

That is a good option.  You can also grab a picture of the front of the microwave you want and import it as texture and then place a surface over the “ugly”.

Also, you can usually change the appliance in a cabinet through the attributes/add-ons of the cabinet itself.  Select the catalog you want to pull the appliance out of from the drop dawn and see if you can add it.  See the attached image.

Hope that helps.

Neil

Attachments:
    • February 2, 2019 at 3:33 pm #225786
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Hi Laurel,

My two manufacturer’s catalogue for cabinetry don’t allow me to “grab” the microwave, so – though it’s time consuming, I go to the textures and switch ALL the textures that apply to the microwave and switch them to None/Transparent.  Sometimes I can’t make the buttons disappear – but that’s minor.  At least the microwave is invisible –

then I just lay the micro I want overtop.  You get all the red angry “conflict” lines on the layout – but those are easy to turn off.

Ariana

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.