User Interface

• July 5, 2018 at 4:28 pm #193637
      Dakota MIchael
      Participant

I have a fair amount of experience with other CAD software, and only recently (the past few weeks) started to learn 2020 design. I have some questions regarding the user interface. Mainly I was wondering if there is a way to pan or zoom while editing a feature. For instance when I start drawing a running line, but I realize I need to draw it past the edge of my screen and need to pan, or if I need to get a closer view of something but I’m in the middle of drawing a running line, so I  have to exit the running line feature in order to zoom before restarting my line. Also I’ve noticed some weird disconnects between what I’m clicking on to select and what the program sees my click going towards. For example there have been times where my mouse is clearly hovering over a shape but when I click the program selects another object, and in order to actually select the object I want I have to click in some arbitrary location away from the object itself. Is there a way to mitigate, theses issues via settings in the program or are they something I simply have to learn to get around?

• July 5, 2018 at 5:50 pm #193665
      Nicky Claridge
      Participant

I have the same issue with trying to click on an item and have done for a long time 🙁 I have to either zoom in really close or Right Click to connect to the item I’m trying to grab . It’s a nuisance right??!

• July 5, 2018 at 8:51 pm #193676

Why not email support with a description of how you want it to work and ask for it to be added to the Wishlist?

• July 12, 2018 at 4:00 pm #194351
      Santiago Morales
      2020 Expert

Hello Dakota, Thank you for your feedback!

Nicky, thank you for your input. You are correct, using the right click functionality over the area and selecting the desired item from the drop down list is one way of doing it it. Another way is to left-click and press the “tab” key to cycle over the items under the cursor. The selected item will be identified by the blue handles.

As stated by Mike, Please let me know if you have suggestions on the desired flow.

Thank you,

Santiago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags