Using 2020 to quote a client

• March 24, 2016 at 5:04 pm #81101
      bathandgranite
      Participant

Hi Everyone,

My company is new to using 20-20. We generate price quotes within 2020 but I don’t see any documentation around quoting and producing a document that looks like an invoice. I’m not looking to use 2020 like accounting software, but as a quoting / sales tool for customers to have something they can pay against.

Are there any videos or documentation around this functionality?

Thanks

• March 28, 2016 at 3:32 pm #81184
      Edith
      Participant

Hello!
      The Help tab within 2020 contains the information regarding Quotes.
      Simply by selecting the Content icon and using the search tab, type Quote; all the information regarding reports, including “Quote” will be displayed.

Regards

• March 29, 2016 at 12:50 am #81469

The quote option in 2020 Design is extremely limited. I don’t know if it has changed in V11 but 2020 Design used to use an embedded Crystal Reports format but they would not give you information on how to modify the reports.

I found it a lot easier to export to CSV and use a customised Excel spreadsheet to create a quote.

We’ve now skipped this altogether and use the Application Integration feature to import directly into our customised quotation and job management software. This might also be an option for you. There are plenty of cheap programmers around.

• December 26, 2017 at 2:59 pm #164904
      Lee Hurley
      Participant

My quote doesn’t show stained ends however they do show finished ends,but in the item list under the item tab they show both.  Is there something I am missing to check?

Attachments:
    • December 27, 2017 at 10:02 am #164915
      Edith
      Participant

Hi Lee!

I will invite you to contact us at 1-866-697-2020 so we can look into it for you.

Edith

• December 27, 2017 at 10:03 am #164916
      Chuck H.
      Participant

Lee,

Try changing the Nomenclature Tab to Manufacturers Code & Descriptions.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.