Using Boxes for images / outside views

• January 15, 2017 at 6:39 am #117330
      James Nicholson
      Participant

Hi,

I am trying to use boxes to create different views out of different windows from the room but I do not seem to be able to get the images to stretch to fit the box on 2020 fusion, it pretty much automatically did it on 2020 design. Does any one have any tips/ideas to overcome it – It does not make any sense to have the same view out of every window!! And the boxes make multiples of my photos so does not work atleast not thus far! Thanks

• January 16, 2017 at 6:04 am #117332
      Ollie Farrant
      2020 Expert

Hello

How are you applying your images o a box ? I would advise that you use the Item surface tool, this way you can change the size of the tile\image to the same size of the face of the box to avoid the image repeating itself.
      While in perspective view please go to the Insert Tab and enable the “Select Surface” tool, now you can select the face of the box as to where you would like to apply a Image\Material. Once this surface as been selected go to the Insert Tab > Coverings >Item Surface.

Now you are in the Item Surface feature, you can click > Add > Manage my Materials >Import your Custom Image\Material.  Now please Check the “Display My Surface materials” box and select the image you would like to apply to your * box,  You should now see and width and Height fields, here you can define the size of the tile, if you adjust the size to match the size of the face of the *box, this will stretch the image.

If you require any assistance, you can contact the dedicated 2020 Fusion support team by Phone or email on the below details.

01233 635 566 – fusionsupport@2020spaces.com

Many Thanks
      Ollie

• January 18, 2017 at 7:48 am #117746
      Nicholas Nell
      Participant

Hi,

Another alternative is to use one of the *PICTMOD items from the Advanced Graphics catalogue. These have very thin borders, and their texture spacing is set to stretch and not tile.

An even better option for outdoor images, as I assume this is what you are wanting, is to import a panaromic image as a background. This will wrap around your entire scene, and you won’t have repeating images. I have attached one that I use.

Regards

Nicholas Nell

• January 30, 2017 at 9:55 am #118687
      James Nicholson
      Participant

Thanks heaps 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.