Using multiple catalogs

• May 16, 2017 at 9:57 pm #130767
      Dean Klassen
      Participant

I am using version 10:

I want to rename a catalog so I can use more than one color on the same design.  It lets me rename, but when I install the original catalog, it overwrites the catalog that I renamed.

As a result, I can’t have multiple catalogs for the same manufacturer.

anyone know how to fix this? I know it works because I have done the same thing on another machine using the same catalogs and names.

• May 16, 2017 at 10:15 pm #130768
      Dean Klassen
      Participant

One more thing:

just after I rename the catalog, I get the error message “Unable to open file <cataloga>.sym

• May 17, 2017 at 9:52 am #130781
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Dean,

I have seen this issue, mostly on Windows 10 machines where the rename feature fails to rename main folder after renaming the certs and sims in the catalog file. Then when you reinstall the catalog it installs in to the same folder and then everything is a mess. What I usually do is:
      1- go to the C:\ProgramData\20-20 Technologies\Cat\Common folder and delete the catalog that you have been trying to install.
      2- Install the catalog
      3- Rename the catalog
      4- got to the C:\ProgramData\20-20 Technologies\Cat\Common directory and manually change the name of the catalog folder to the name you just renamed the catalog to
      5- install the catalog a second time

This method has yet to fail me.

Neil

PS – The program data folder is hidden by default so you will probably have to go in to your Windows File Explorer settings and un-hide your folders

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.