V11.8.1.69 Introduces Plan printing issues

• October 13, 2017 at 1:26 am #153718

V11.8 (all versions) have issues with printing of plans. Prints are coming out in very low resolution (unless high res is ticked which then takes ages to generate) and in monochrome. Also, the last settings are never remembered and are not capable of being set as a preference.

PLEASE ensure that this is fixed in the next revision as this is a major issue for us. We generate probably 30 sets of plans a day and my designers are complaining bitterly about this. I am going to have to revert them back to V11.6 which is going to take me days!

In the attached PDF, the first page is what we get in V11.8 and the second is what we get from V11.6 and have had from EVERY version prior to this (I never tested V11.7).

• October 13, 2017 at 10:17 am #153751
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the info.  We are actually aware of some issues with the printing that have come up in version 11.8.  The Support team has reported them and they are currently being addressed by the boys upstairs. 🙂

I’ll do my best to keep you posted when we hear anything.

A couple of work arounds that seem to have worked here are to print from Print rather that Print Preview.  Also make sure that Print area is set to entire design and that the Print Mode is set to work area.

Neil

• October 15, 2017 at 8:22 pm #153788

Hi Neil,

I actually checked V11.7 as well and that has the same issues. Irrelevant but just FYI.

I had already tried the workarounds but they aren’t suitable so I am having to downgrade the users.

Thanks

Mike

• October 17, 2017 at 5:04 pm #154105
      Edith
      Participant

Hello Mike,

I have reviewed the attachment that you shared with us.

I am not certain if the description of the issues might be summarizing different scenarios, I hope you can help confirm the following:

Was the print out done selecting wireframe or hidden lines as under the Print Mode selection? Also the version your using, let me know if it is 11.8.0. rather than 11.8.1.69 as you mention.

I actually noticed an old behavior that no longer occurs with the most recent 11.8.1 being present on these pages.

I will be contacting you directly so we can better evaluate these issues and provide you proper direction.

Thank you

Edith

• October 17, 2017 at 10:12 pm #154137
      Pauline
      Participant

I am finding the following printing issues with this version.

1. print settings do not save my settings as they used to.

2. In print preview you need to click Apply on every view or the set scale is not applied.

Cheers Pauline

• October 20, 2017 at 4:58 pm #154493
      Edith
      Participant

Hi Pauline

For No 1. I am not certain if you may be referring to an issue we had on a previous build. Can you give me details on what changes are not been saved?

For No 2. I see what you mean, once you are on Print Preview mode if you decide to change the scale, then you have to apply it to every page.  Here what I suggest, If you set your Ratio within the Print Preview dialog box, the Ratio will remain for every page.

I hope it helps!

I appreciate your feedback and I will definitely pass it to the Team.

Edith

• October 22, 2017 at 6:19 pm #154494
      Pauline
      Participant

Hi Edith,

Thanks for the followup.

Issue No1. is that the print preview settings in the dialog box need to be changed every time I go to print. They used to retain my preference for printing to scale 1.20. This is no longer the case.

No 2 . When I go to the preview pages the setting is set to 1.20 scale but unless I click apply on each page the scale is not applied. This did not used to happen.

Hope that helps,

Cheers Pauline

• October 25, 2017 at 11:19 am #155281
      Edith
      Participant

Hi Pauline

For No1. I suggest we get in touch so we can connect to your PC and confirm.

Send me please your contact info at residentialsupport@2020spaces.com

For N02. At this moment the work around provided will allow you to continue applying the ratio however you should know we have passed your suggestion to the team.

I appreciate your feedback!

Edith

• October 25, 2017 at 11:40 am #155629
      Edith
      Participant

@ Mike

Thank you for the details provided on your emails concerning the printing issue.  There is a new version scheduled for release in early November that will include corrections.

Once we have the version available, I will certainly let you know.

Cheers!

• October 25, 2017 at 5:59 pm #157371
      Pauline
      Participant

Hi Edith,

I am happy to wait for the update in November if this will fix the issues. Thanks

• October 25, 2017 at 9:06 pm #157372

Hope the new version fixes the Cloud Sign-In for the ‘old’ toolbar as well.

• October 31, 2017 at 6:41 pm #157791
      Pauline
      Participant

NB Also hope the new version will fix the problem with the scale applied showing on the plans when printed. Currently it shows in the preview but not when printed.

• November 1, 2017 at 11:15 am #157823
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

@ Pauline – for the print scale on print outs
      Tested 11.8.0 – it worked fine
      Tested 11.8.1 – it shows “no scale” in the print even with a scale set
      Tested 11.8.2 – it works fine again 🙂
      So the answer is Yes, it has been fixed in the new version.
      The new version is supposed to released in the near future.
      Neil

• November 9, 2017 at 7:32 pm #159891
      Alan ryner
      Participant

Hi Mike,

A more basic question in my plan views using not your lib but the old ones its just a jumble of numbers how are you getting a decent plan and elevation that you can send to a client to sign off on?  Maybe better if I call you

Alan

• November 9, 2017 at 7:56 pm #159892

Hi Alan,

It’s all a matter of learning how to set and use the Display Schemes but there will always be situations where even with a totally optimised Display Scheme that you have unwanted dimensions. In this case, I tend to turn those dimensions off and dimension manually. The problem with hiding automatic dimensions is that they usually end up coming back again.

Manually added Dimensions fall under the ‘User’ heading in the Display Schemes and should be switched on for all Display Schemes (they are often off) – I find them especially helpful when using the All (No Dimms) Scheme as this gives me a very uncluttered view and I can just show dimensions that are especially critical.

As regards calling me, I’m happy to have a chat. 0403 766219

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.