V12.0.6.9 recovery files unexpected file format

• January 9, 2020 at 8:35 pm #264963
      Curt Hayos
      Participant

I had a crash tonight, when I tried to open the recovery kit file I got an error “Unexpected file format”. Also in recovery, it would be good to have the date and time of the file created.

• January 10, 2020 at 11:56 am #265000
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Curt,

I’m not sure what might have happened to your design file but it would seem that it somehow had been corrupted as well. Unfortunately if the design file, bak file, and recovery dont work then the plan would have to be redrawn. What you can try however is to ‘Insert’ the file into the program, this sometimes recovers the design. As for the time and date that the file was created, that information is actually part of the files name.

Hope this helps,

Kris

• January 10, 2020 at 12:59 pm #265002
      Curt Hayos
      Participant

Thank you Kris. For some reason bak files have been hit or miss whether they’ve been created or not. This was a design my wife built a couple of months ago and I was changing manufacturers, one cabinet at a time, and it didn’t create a bak file in the hour I was working on it. Of course I also wasn’t smart enough to save it either. Oh well, time to do it again…

Thanks, Curt

• January 10, 2020 at 2:19 pm #265004
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Curt,

Normally the Bak file is created on the second save of the design. The first save made will create your .KIT file and the second save would create the .BAK file.

If your program isnt creating backup files for you then I would suggest to call into support to speak with an agent about it. You can call 1.866.697.2020.

Kris

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags