V12 Feedback

• November 3, 2019 at 6:35 pm #258450
      Chris Setlock
      Participant

Yay!  V12 is here!

Firstly, I like it.  No changes to the interface.  Good changes “under the hood”.  Memory issues are gone.

A couple things I’ve noticed.  Minor glitches, etc:

1) I can no longer “duplicate” items from the cloud.  I must drag a new one each time.
      2) Shift keys is not overriding snap-to.  This is especially difficult when drawing surfaces.
      3) Catalog browser is gone.  🙁  I know the plan is to integrate cloud browser and local browser, but until that happens, there isn’t a way to browse thumbnails of local items.
      4) Should light fixtures from the cloud be producing light?  They don’t for me.

• November 3, 2019 at 8:11 pm #258451
      Chris Setlock
      Participant

new glitch:
      -Changing textures on a surface field causes the surface to disappear from the elevation view.  It shows the “new” texture in attributes, but not in renderings.  The surface cannot be selected in the elevation view by left clicking, nor is it available via right click.  It can be selected and deleted by right clicking in the rendering.

Textures _can_ be changed immediately after creating the surface, they just cant be changed later.

• November 10, 2019 at 9:50 am #259164
        Ron Russell
        Participant

the same here on light fixtures from the cloud. When clicking properties on light fixtures, the intensity is grayed out.

• November 5, 2019 at 1:53 pm #258713
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Chris,

Most of the items on this list were purposely done.  We’ve removed the ability to duplicate items from the cloud because in some cases after saving and reopening the design, the item would generate texture-less. Also it doesn’t make sense to have the option to duplicate the item because you can simply use the Copy/Paste options. We’ve also purposely removed the Catalog Browser.

The lights from the 2020 Cloud are not meant to light up, they are there for the visuals. We have however marked down the Surface issue as a bug, so as a work around, make sure to select the texture before you place the item on the design.

The shift function was never removed and should actually work so ifs its not working for you, I would suggest to call our support number (1.866.697.2020) and have one of our agents take a look at that.

I hope this clarifies some things for you!

Kris

• November 7, 2019 at 12:50 pm #259068
      Chris Setlock
      Participant

What does:

Failed to publish the 360 Panoramic View.
      Error:  The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address.

mean?  I’m getting this message anytime I try to make panoramas.  I’ve checked the customer information, and the email is filled in, and is a valid email address.

——————————————————————————————————

Doh!!!  I had a comma instead of a period.

To quote the great Rosanna Rosannadanna, “Nevvvverrrmiiiind”.

• November 7, 2019 at 6:25 pm #259127

Hi Chris,

Don’t feel bad – that has caught me out a few times too – fat finger syndrome.

• November 10, 2019 at 9:57 am #259165
        Ron Russell
        Participant

Did you accomplish publishing to 360 in version 12? If so, how?

• November 11, 2019 at 2:43 pm #259224
      Chris Setlock
      Participant

Hi Ron,

Yep.  It was my fault.  I had a comma in the email address.  Bifocals dont help me see the computer screen.  It sucks getting old.  LOL.

• November 11, 2019 at 6:46 pm #259230

Hi Ron,

It’s the same as V11 – in your render screen, go to File, Save As 350 Panoramic View and then fill in the details. If you don’t have fat fingers like me or crap eyes like Chris and you enter the details correctly, you just wait for the render and publish process (you can continue to work – it goes on in the background) and eventually a web page will pop up with the render and 2 emails will have been sent to the email addresses you entered.

It does seem to render more quickly than V11 – here is one that went through in about a minute on a 5 year old notebook: https://panorama.2020.net/view/z4nw2w0wreqp16slmcrcvg/

• November 13, 2019 at 2:23 pm #259506
      dennis audet
      Participant

Will the new version allow searching in the folder view like almost every other program does? As our company gets more and more customers when we go to save a new screen shot of a KIT we have to scroll down a huge list of folders since theres no search box. Ive noticed on new drawings it will default the save path for screen shots into the folder i saved the KIT to but if im updating a KIT at a later date and go to save a new screen shot it doesnt default to that KITs folder

Attachments:
    • November 13, 2019 at 2:46 pm #259526
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Wait – is this true?

If I like an accessory in the Cloud, I have to search for it again every time?  I can’t save it and copy/paste from an existing kit file?

Wow.

Deal breaker.   A lot of my go-to accessories are ones I custom created by heavily modding the generic stuff in the Cloud.  I have seriously have better things to do than recreate every single modded Cloud item new each time.

And the Surface?  I’ll wait until that’s sorted out.  We routinely have customers change their mind about backsplash three and four times – wanting to see what it looks like.  If I can’t change the Surface texture after it’s in.  Ye gads.

We’ll stick with V11 for awhile if that’s the case.  That will seriously slow me down.

• November 13, 2019 at 3:10 pm #259527
      Chris Setlock
      Participant

Hi Ariana,

Wow!  That’s a great tip!  I have a handful of items I put in every kitchen.  I’ve been dragging them from one kitchen to the next.  I’ll just make a .kit file to hold them all.

FWIW,  I thought the same thing when Kris said that the “duplicate” is gone.  I realize now that copy/paste accomplishes the same thing.

The surface bug is annoying, but I imagine it will be fixed in the next patch.

• November 13, 2019 at 3:12 pm #259528
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Dennis,

There has actually always been a way to search for files and folders. To search for a file/folder, go to File > Open. Where it says “File Name” you can type the name you are looking for and then select the file and click on “Open”. Another way to go about it is when the Open file window is open, single click on any design and then start typing the name you are looking for. That will bring you directly to that file.

Hi Ariana,

I’ve just tested on my version 12 and you should not have any issues copying and pasting modded items from one design to the next. You can even test this out for yourself by installing version 12 on your computer. V12 will not remove the version 11, so you can have both of them on the same machine!

Hope this helps!

Kris

• November 13, 2019 at 3:33 pm #259693
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Hey Chris and Kristopher!

There’s a difference between “duplicate” and copy/paste?  I had no idea.  I thought it was two terms for the same thing.

Good to know I can still copy/paste!

About Copy/Pasting Cloud items, Chris…  you can put them in your Idea Centre too.  Sometimes the accessories get a little persnickety about maintaining their texture – so I always switch them to “default” colours/textures from the 2020 catalog and they’re fine.

• November 13, 2019 at 10:21 pm #259732
        dennis audet
        Participant

Thanks for trying to answer my question but you are incorrect. What you suggest might help me find a kit file if all kit files are sloppily placed in one singular folder. I just tested this out on my own it doesnt even limit the folders i can see if i type in a customer name. I honestly cant imagine anyone who uses 2020 having all kits store in one folder rather than using sub folders for each customer. Perhaps its just a different of how people use the program. but for us we make sub folders for all of our customers which has the pictures of the room, hand drawn measures to convert to 2020 drawings, quotes etc. We have nearly 1000 sub folders in our kitchen folder, the whole folder has nearly 15,000 files that would be a lot of kits, photos, quotes all jumbled into 1 huge sloppy folder if thats how you do things.

I was simply asking why this program which is windows only is lacking a simple common sense basic windows function that every single application on the face of the planet has.

• November 13, 2019 at 3:40 pm #259695
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Here is one of my Accessory kit files – the floating black dots are pucklights – each pointed in a different direction (north, north west, west, etc) and hung either high or low.

Plus my sets of matching appliances – so I don’t have to go searching each time (most people haven’t selected their appliances before seeing us – and I need a fast way to drop sets of appliances).

Cheers!

Ariana

Attachments:
    • November 13, 2019 at 5:57 pm #259731
      Chris Setlock
      Participant

New Bug:

Similar to the surface bug, cloud items seem to be disregarding customizations.   For example, I have “table, rectangular 8” in my design.  I altered the size to make it a dining table, and changed the wood texture to Walnut from the common folder.  These changes are showing up in the attributes, and the size has rescaled on the work area, but in renderings the table is showing up as it’s original size and texture. This seems to be happening with multiple items.

One possible pertinent variable:  This is a design I began in v11. As noted earlier in this thread, I was having trouble with copy/paste into a new file.  After spending some time with phone support, we decided to delete all cloud items, and copy the rest into a new window, then decorate anew.  These items are all newly added, but the file is the same one.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.