V12 slow? anyone else?

• June 22, 2020 at 7:04 pm #287193
      Derek Sisson
      Participant

Let’s talk 20-20 V12 for a moment.

I have been trying all versions of V12 as they have been released. Is anyone else finding it to be very unresponsive and slow?

Doesn’t seem to be crashing a whole lot for me, but everything I do seems painfully slow.

I have tried everything from fresh installs, wiped registry, driver updates, windows updates, 3 different computers. Not using any of my custom textures, etc… just to try and speed things up a little bit.

I don’t keep rendering windows open, and I usually always have the light attributes tab closed as I find this causes some lag.

I was at my wits end and felt frustrated with designing, i finally re-installed the latest V11, transferred my design back from V12 to V11 via copy and paste… it was a night and day difference!

Let me know if anyone else has experienced any of this slow and sluggish behavior. Perhaps its most noticeable for me as I work very quickly within 20-20 and it just can’t keep up.

• June 23, 2020 at 1:48 pm #287244
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Derek,

We have no reported issues of lagging in V12. V12 is 64 bit based and should have considerably less memory issues.

Do you notice the issue with opening files created in previous versions of Design or in new design files as well?

In certain isolated cases cleaning the 2020Cloud cache tends to speed thing up. Click HERE to view an article on how to clear the cache. Under step 3, download the item (2020clearcloudcache) and run it while the program is closed.

I would suggest contacting an agent directly at 866-697-2020 to have a closer look. An agent may notice something related to 2020 Design, the design file(s) or the PC that is possiblely causing the issue.

Thank you,

• June 23, 2020 at 1:55 pm #287247
      Derek Sisson
      Participant

Thanks for the reply! I am starting to wonder if this is an isolated issue with my main catalog i use. As this doesn’t seem to be a very common issue.

I have tried a bunch of other testing on my own, even created a video showing one of the biggest slow downs i experience. After clicking the reports button it takes about 30 seconds to 1 minute to open on a design which has an average amount of items within it. Deleting most cabinets and only leaving the island has this working at a reasonable speed.

Thanks again for the reply.

• June 24, 2020 at 2:18 pm #287345
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Derek,

To test to see if this is related to the catalog you use, create a file using a Sample catalog and run the report. If the report comes up right away, then it could be your catalog that is causing the issue. If the report takes the same amount of time to generate, then the issue could be related to the program or machine.

If this is your catalog, I would suggest to contact the Manufacturer to see if they are experiencing this issue. If it isn’t the catalog, then I would suggest to contact our Support Team at 1.866.697.2020.

Regards,

Kris

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.